Hello from Norway

samthedog

Hello from Norway

Post by samthedog »

Hello folks, well I made it Norway with my air rifles in tow. Amazingly, I contacted customs and after explaining the nature of our urgent departure, they processed my paperwork in record time. From when I faxed my papers to the Australian Defence to when I finished with customs clearance was 4 days. To me that's a record and I owe a great deal of thanks to them as without their efforts I would have had to leave my air rifles at home. I ensured that I rang those who handled my papers and thanked them personally for their good work.

As for life in Norway... The air rifle scene here is close to non-existent. This is mainly due to the hunting culture revolving around deer and moose and the large powder burners needed to hunt these animals. I have made contact with many gun enthusiasts here and have had the opportunity to meet with a developer of a class leading silencer company and a sub machine gun collector. I was able to shoot 5 different types of sub machine gun and 3 different types of pistol along with various other air rifles.

I must also send an apology to Pestbird as I promised to send him a package before I left however time ran out and I was forced to leave a lot of things unfinished. Anyway, just saying hello and popping my head in from time to time to see how the airgunners of Oz are going. Oh, and the airguns are going great Lewis, thanks for the advice and great products!! Cheers.

Paul.
astro

Post by astro »

on ya sam...hope you and yours are well.......might have to bag yourself a moose mate.......
samthedog

Post by samthedog »

Cheers Astro. How is that R9 of yours going? I never had the chance to go on a shoot but I hope you have found some good grounds. I know I saw a few Mynahs on the way through so if your lucky you could get a few round your way to shoot. As for the moose.. It costs a fortune for the hunting licence for a moose, but bird hunting is cheap. I am lining up a semiauto .22 silenced of course!!! Just right for bird hunting!!
astro

Post by astro »

didn't get the r9 lewis had a hw97k in a laminate stock that i just had to have...wanted to go to a pcp but the ol ride on died and needed replacing....bugger

no mynahs up this way yet......just plenty of toads

weathers hot and it's been wet for the last few weeks with a few great lightning storms...
samthedog

Post by samthedog »

well you can't go far wrong with a 97. Great rifle!!! I heard the weather has been wet. Spoke to the old man in Gladstone and he had to dig out the dam to catch every drop he could. I miss shooting the toads, here in Norway it's illegal to shoot anything with an air rifle!!