Well Aussie mates, I'm outa there.. as they say ... The has

Yrrah
.204 Ruger
Favourite Cartridge: .25 JSB King

Well Aussie mates, I'm outa there.. as they say ... The has

Post by Yrrah »

The fat lady has sung! Before the thread was locked and I got chucked out there were near 9,000 hits on that thread 8, 983 to be precise and 229 responses of which 81 were mine ( including a couple of related threads ).

So a lot of Brits and others around the world heard my message and the fat administrator had the final say. The bully boy was in a corner with a couple of pals girly slapping for him but his big umpire mate got what he wanted when I used the "f" word (fox) for the second time.

First time innocently ( they are paranoid ) and it was deleted. That one deletion changed the whole meaning of the phrase and allowed Gary the troll to reinterpret it to my disadvantage. I appealed to the ump to explain what they had done, used the "f" word again and bingo... no explanation forthcoming to restore the sense of the phrase; and the tag team had me... But it was an experience.

What I learned aside from what you read if you care to open these addies was that there developed considerable interest and many many guys PMd me with huge support from UK and Scotland in particular as well as USA of course, Netherlands, Denmark, South Africa and elsewhere.

I learned the trolls' techniques and the three stages of ignorant but cunning guru strategy. We worked through the first two and they are now engaged into the third. See Chuck Marsh's ( from my old Alma Mater State Oregon ) email, today, and what became my exit speeches last night ...

I learned that Ben Taylor, previously the ben in Theoben, is dull and hasn't a clue about pellet flight or ballistics or anything beyond 50 yards IMO. His figures are rubbish and my mate Steve in North Carolina has carried the baton forward to expose same. I was about to close in when the axe fell. Steve is one smart cookie and saw where I was headed and seamlessly moved in. Ben has no where to hide from Steve NC ( unless he gets the boot too )

Ben may have had a hand in making some very nice rifles but his misconceptions about their shooting potential are unbelievable. His figures on pellet ballistics have .20 CPs doing rimfire target bullet BCs to 50 yards and then throwing out a parachute and reducing effective BC to 1/6th and then falling to the ground like a feather at < 150 yards. It's no wonder those guys can't believe a gun will shoot a group at 150 yards. Unbelievable..

Any way, I'll get to sleep tonight; thousands of Brits are thinking outside the little square these gurus have etched for them; the Sots are out clearing scrub to 100 yards and one Brit has already shot two sub inch groups at 100. What more is there? Not a bad three or four day's work for the sake of the unenlightened.

http://www.network54.com/Forum/79537/me ... ....unless

and this which turned out to be the swan song. By the by this joker Gary Chapman writes for some other mag and imports scopes from China into UK. He is actually a good Field Target shooter apparently But his rifle will only shoot to 50 m.. One of his rifles is actually exactly the same as my Bowkett Hornet so as El Caro said to me, he is in a corner. He has the skills, he has the rifle ... what to do? Well the third stage is set.. HE has arranged a day, one day!!!, to , well have a go. Now if he succeeds what then? If he decides to play dead? But wait he is a guru!! Oh the wringing of hands...... Anyway as I wrote, here is what became my exit left which I copied from the BBS and posted on the US forum today:

http://www.network54.com/Forum/79537/th ... huck+Marsh

Have a good one and I'll be back with a proper post sometime soon I hope....Kind regards, Harry.
astro

Post by astro »

harry i love your style...... :D

i think it is on someones signature here....
'never argue with an idiot, first they drag you down to their level then beat you with experience"

i do find it hard that BEN is the theoBEN BEN though.........what a numpty.....if anyone was going to give support it should have been him, it would have helped him sell a heap more guns....anyway his loss

are you serious about fox being the F word though :?

you obviously won the support of a lot of AG's out there well done....

cheers
Dr G
300 Win Mag
Favourite Cartridge: 204 Ruger

Post by Dr G »

They havnt just kicked you out when you follow the link in the other post you find out the thread no longer exists.

I sent some feedback to the administrators by following their contact details it read like this
You deleted the Harry thread
You banned Harry
You allowed that muppet GaryC to lie, abuse threaten and intimidate while coming down on a genuine forum poster.

You guys are weak as piss
This sort of cyber crap shits me. I wont return to their site, and i wouldnt bother with a Theoben air rifle. For no other reason than the pig headed crap i read in his posts

Given the Administrators perceived incestuous relationship with some of the members there I dont think you will be to put out by being banned from the site harry.

cheers mate
ogre6br
300 Win Mag
Favourite Cartridge: 6.5x55 or 6BR

Post by ogre6br »

what I have been able to read- cool post- now you can spend more time here passing on your vast knowledge to us more deserving than those idiots.

Later
p
daisy
.308 Winchester
Favourite Cartridge: 7-08

Post by daisy »

All I can say is it's those Pommy Bastards lose. Not just the long range but all the stuff you have posted on pellets, as penetration, flight with damage skirts, and who could forget the floods you caused with the water filled foam boxes
( Wendy must have been looking at you a little funny when you were doing that.) :shock:
All the best my friend and glad to see the fellows from my home land stick by you.

daisy
Lewis Reinhold
300 Win Mag

Post by Lewis Reinhold »

You're OK by me too,Harry!
RayG
22-250 Remington
Favourite Cartridge: 375H&H

Post by RayG »

Yesterday, 12:40 PM
N.I.T (Newbie Investigator Team)

Long range shoot - final venue
Had a few pms from folk and the bank hol weekend is problematical. Traffic will be grim, our local camp site is booked.
Invite is firmed up for w/e 31Aug to 1st Sept. Venue is at Barry Hutchs (Tea, coffee, toilet and camping available).
Range out to 150 yards, possibility of a bit of hunting depending on numbers.
No powder.

Just lifted this post off the worlds greatest airgun forum.
Here we go, the great hairy troll Gary C is getting organised for would you believe a 150 yard Long range shoot,I wonder if he will find the target???
Good on you Harry!
RayG.
Last edited by RayG on Mon Aug 13, 2007 10:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kjd
Site Admin
Favourite Cartridge: 223Rem

Post by kjd »

Oh well Harry their lose our gain!!!
Predator

Post by Predator »

Those guys are such a stereotype. All the poms (sorry, most) i've met and worked with have been exactly the same... Arrogant, don't know what they're talking about so make up for it with complete bullshit and then get almost violent when you point out that they're wrong.

Maybe I've been hanging round the wrong poms...
GriMo
Site Admin
Favourite Cartridge: 17 rem

Post by GriMo »

I tend to stick clear of the airgun side of things harry but i did manage to read nearly of the BS that was going on over there. I actually had a few questions.

I vaguely remember at one point you explaing calculating BC based on changing velocities at various ranges. Can you explain the formulae used for that? Im making a half assed attempt at my own BC program, but more looking at the technical side of things to improve my own shooting. Can you explain the formulae used? Also if you have any other information regarding the calculations used etc i know i for one, and im sure not the only, would love to read about them.

in regards to the above i could just be off my rocker, but im sure i remember something about 6 feet and 300 feet or ? The more i think about it the more sense im not making.

One other thing that i was trying to understand was the "lag" effect of a pellet in the wind? It didnt really make sense to me at the time with the whole comparisson to pellets in a vacuum or in the air etc. Do you have any recommended reading in regards to that ?

Please feel free to continue the discussion in here mate, or start a new thread. we may not have the overwhelming member base, but there are a bunch of guys here who believe it can be done, and would no doubt like to hear any advice or tips and tricks on performing similar feats of awesomeness :lol: . I can only imagine you wont have to deal with whinging poms saying it cant be done either :P

Cheers harry
Hilly
.17 HMR

Post by Hilly »

Well Harry, that was one of the most informative threads that I have come across. You were polite, informative and modest, unlike some of the other respondants to the discusion. Then they ban you for using the word "fox" twice? What a strange lot. Still, their loss is our gain.
Keep up the great work, I'm enjoying it even if the Pomme's aren't!
Should that be "Pommes de Terre" rather than "Pommes"? :? :twisted:
Dennis.
astro

Post by astro »

i used to frequent a pommie AR forum until some trolls came along and placed members names on an anti AR petition started by a woman who lost a brother shot in the heart with an AR. it took nearly 2 weeks until i could get mine and other names removed....unfortunately the mods there are spineless pricks and did nothing

anyway we have good and growing community here :D

cheers
Yrrah
.204 Ruger
Favourite Cartridge: .25 JSB King

Post by Yrrah »

GriMo wrote:I tend to stick clear of the airgun side of things harry but i did manage to read nearly of the BS that was going on over there. I actually had a few questions.

I vaguely remember at one point you explain calculating BC based on changing velocities at various ranges. Can you explain the formulae used for that? Im making a half assed attempt at my own BC program, but more looking at the technical side of things to improve my own shooting. Can you explain the formulae used? Also if you have any other information regarding the calculations used etc i know i for one, and im sure not the only, would love to read about them.

in regards to the above i could just be off my rocker, but im sure i remember something about 6 feet and 300 feet or ? The more i think about it the more sense im not making.

One other thing that i was trying to understand was the "lag" effect of a pellet in the wind? It didnt really make sense to me at the time with the whole comparisson to pellets in a vacuum or in the air etc. Do you have any recommended reading in regards to that ?

Please feel free to continue the discussion in here mate, or start a new thread. we may not have the overwhelming member base, but there are a bunch of guys here who believe it can be done, and would no doubt like to hear any advice or tips and tricks on performing similar feats of awesomeness :lol: . I can only imagine you wont have to deal with whinging poms saying it cant be done either :P

Cheers harry
I've got the drift of your questions, no problems . I will get back to you and point you to where it will be easy for you to work through stuff without all the sweat ...... I'm a bit clapped out right now so hang in there and it will happen......... It isn't rocket science, well actually I guess some of it would be, but all the work has been done for us ..... Hang in there, Harry.
jeffk
22-250 Remington
Favourite Cartridge: 338WM

Post by jeffk »

Predator wrote:Those guys are such a stereotype. All the poms (sorry, most) i've met and worked with have been exactly the same... Arrogant, don't know what they're talking about so make up for it with complete bullshit and then get almost violent when you point out that they're wrong.

Maybe I've been hanging round the wrong poms...
I would hope so, as 99% of my friends (and I hope, myself) don't fit that profile. :(

I've been offline a while, so am trying to catch up with what all the fuss was about - especially as I think the BBS being referred to is the one I used to frequent (and still do to an extent) although I never ventured into the airgun section, but caught the tail end of this in the long range target section before it got moved back to the airgun bit.