SILHOUETTE

HAIR BEAR
.204 Ruger

SILHOUETTE

Post by HAIR BEAR »

G'day all
where can i find or purchase A/R silhouettes , or even the sizes i can always make them ?

thanks
Lewis Reinhold
300 Win Mag

Post by Lewis Reinhold »

Chris Thomas makes nice ones.
Lewis
HAIR BEAR
.204 Ruger

Post by HAIR BEAR »

G'day lewis
how do i get in touch with CHRIS THOMAS
Lewis Reinhold
300 Win Mag

Post by Lewis Reinhold »

HAIR BEAR wrote:G'day lewis
how do i get in touch with CHRIS THOMAS

Chris.....Chris...Chris..!!! Got your ears on?
HAIR BEAR
.204 Ruger

Post by HAIR BEAR »

G'day Lewis
just worked out that it is you with the beeman web site ,
mate am i slow :D
kjd
Site Admin
Favourite Cartridge: 223Rem

Post by kjd »

HAIR BEAR wrote:G'day Lewis
just worked out that it is you with the beeman web site ,
mate am i slow :D
Mate Chris Thomas is a member of this site look in the member list and send him a PM I have some of his silhouettes they are quite good for springers!
chris thomas
.17 HMR
Favourite Cartridge: na

Post by chris thomas »

thanks Keith and Lewis.

Hi Hair bear.

I have made hundreads of Air gun Silhouette's from 3mm Mild steel and like Keith said are fine for springers but Powerfull PCP wil knock them about. Up to around 22 FP seems ok. But a .22 at around 25 FP and up Targets really start to fly. Never broken any but they are sure bent.

I'm doing three sets of swingers for a mate out of 5mm . I will be cutting these one's by hand rather than on the laser .

I'm in Bendigo not far from you.
HAIR BEAR
.204 Ruger

Post by HAIR BEAR »

G'day chris
how are ya ? what do you charge for a set (all 4 targets ), bendigo is not that far at all ?
ramslammer

Post by ramslammer »

G'Day All
Don't forget Chris Dale !!!! He makes one of the best targets you can get. Chooks are 5mm as well. He is recognised as a prefered supplier. 0418255874
Juddy
fobis01

Air Silhouette Targets

Post by fobis01 »

Please note.....
Please be aware most Air Silhouette Targets sourced from overseas are not to SSAA National Standards. Please refer to SSAA RMS Rulebook for sizes and correct plate and feet / stands sizes. Chickens are now 5 mm all others are 3mm plate
Preferred supplier Chris Dale 0418255874 can supply - cut outs or fully welded targets please contact him.
Others can supply targets,make sure they refer to SSAA RMS Rules. I have seen many that have siad they can cut targets out and they are not been able to be used as they are out of shape - SSAA Rule Book.
If any body requires practice targets, I can supply A4 copies of each animal
Great for sighting in and off hand practice.
Regards
fobis01
contact
csmith3@vtown.com.au
chris thomas
.17 HMR

Post by chris thomas »

There you go Hair Bare looks like i have been pushed out of a Job!!. I have seen his Targets and they are nice and remember he is the preferred supplier :roll:

Regards

Chris Thomas
ramslammer

Post by ramslammer »

G'Day All
Prefered is the term not compulsory. If anyone can cut the targets to size they are acceptable. It doesn't matter where they come from and to be honest the more people supplying targets the better it has to be for the sport. Chris Thomas please don't take offence to any comments if your targets are to spec which I'm sure they are I'd like to see some as it would give people another source of supply. But as Fobis pointed out some clubs had some well oversize targets supplied through the NRA (our club was one of them). I'll point out again that there is no compulsary supplier as the NRA has and if targets can be bought at a cost saving by any club or individual it is only better for the sport. That way clubs could buy more targets and individuals can use their savings for more shooting stuff. In fact if there is anyone who cus targets out there I'd be interested to hear from them.
Juddy
kjd
Site Admin

Post by kjd »

chris thomas wrote:There you go Hair Bare looks like i have been pushed out of a Job!!. I have seen his Targets and they are nice and remember he is the preferred supplier :roll:

Regards

Chris Thomas
Mate I can understand you being a bit upset but ramslammer was just answering a question and providing an alternative which happens here all the time.At AV whilst we support various businesses we do not lollygag our members to our preferred businesses nor do we stop them from legitimately criticising a business.
When Ramslammer said "prefered supplier" I think he meant for SSAA Silhouette clubs which in the few times I've shot with them is the impression I got.

Don't mean to offend you or have a go at you mate I am just explaining how I see it.
chris thomas
.17 HMR

Post by chris thomas »

No problems.

I have seen some crappy Targets my self. The first lot of Rimfire i had cut by a local Lasor company . When i went to pick them up the bloke said i'll just get the fork lift to load them for you i said the fork lift!!!

They had forgot to scale down the full bore CF Targets to rimfire .Even no good for CF as they still used 6mm mild steel,. Next time they got them correct. !
kjd
Site Admin

Post by kjd »

chris thomas wrote:No problems.

I have seen some crappy Targets my self. The first lot of Rimfire i had cut by a local Lasor company . When i went to pick them up the bloke said i'll just get the fork lift to load them for you i said the fork lift!!!

They had forgot to scale down the full bore CF Targets to rimfire .Even no good for CF as they still used 6mm mild steel,. Next time they got them correct. !
Haha I bet they did. I take it they now have a set of 6mm Centrefire silhouettes kicking down at the factory lol.