New lead free ammo from Crosman

fenring

New lead free ammo from Crosman

Post by fenring »

These are two of the more interesting ones they are about to release. Lead free, dunno what it is though.
The Fireball looks very similar to Gamo's lead and steel ball Rocket.

Not much info around on these yet, and not on Crosman's site yet. The .177 Destroyer is said to be around 7.9 grains, so it must be similar to lead in density I guess.

There are also two others that are regular lead, a fairly standard looking wadcutter and a copy of the Crow magnum.
kjd
Site Admin
Favourite Cartridge: 223Rem

Post by kjd »

Love the look of the firebird whether or not it kills better I dont know but they look the part! I guess that is the important thing for air rifle pellet makers!!!
fenring

Post by fenring »

kjd wrote:Love the look of the firebird whether or not it kills better I dont know but they look the part! I guess that is the important thing for air rifle pellet makers!!!
Yeah, they are a bit like fishing lures eh? Designed to catch the fisherman more than the fish, LOL.
pest bird

Crossman Pellets

Post by pest bird »

I can see the copper ball in the fireball pellet punching holes areas that lead pellets usually would not, ie walls and roofing.

I will stick to the very accurate Beeman and JSB pellets.

Cheers
p b
astro

Post by astro »

i am interested in non lead alternatives, but think that the production of .20 will be the hardest to get going.

cheers
carl
fenring

Post by fenring »

Will they shoot as well, generally, as what good lead pellets do? That's my main question.
astro

Post by astro »

only one way to find out isn't there..... :D