So who uses a Beeman R9?

Predator

So who uses a Beeman R9?

Post by Predator »

Hi everyone, this is my first post...

Thanks to this forum and other info on the web, I've just ordered a tuned R9 from Mr Reinhold :)

Hopefully I'll be able to join these discussions once it arrives, but till then: who owns an R9 and how much do you love it? Please share pictures etc (not dirty ones)

cheers

Greg
kjd
Site Admin
Favourite Cartridge: 223Rem

Post by kjd »

Gday mate I owned a Beeman R9 and loved it but I traded it to fund a PCP Airgun which I love even more!!!!
Chris L
.22 WMR

Post by Chris L »

My wife and I have one each in .20, and love them.

We managed to keep them when we bought our PCPs :D :D :D

Chris L
kjd
Site Admin
Favourite Cartridge: 223Rem

Post by kjd »

Chris L wrote:My wife and I have one each in .20, and love them.

We managed to keep them when we bought our PCPs :D :D :D

Chris L
I couldn't afford to :(
plantboy

Post by plantboy »

Greg, you won't be disapointed. Lewis' tune is a beauty and you will love it. Just learn to shoot your R9 well and everything else will come easily. All you have to do to enjoy yourself is to get out and shoot it as often as possible :D
However, you must be aware that spring guns take at least one tin of pellets to 'break-in' before achieving best accuracy - that has been my experience. Although I'm confident everything will be tightened correctly when when you receive your baby from Lewis, make sure you check all stock and scope fastenings for firm tightness after the first few tins of pellets.

Its pointless comparing springers with PCPs - like apples vs oranges, and in a totally different price range.

Gil

Post by Predator »

Yeah, I decided to go for a springer because they seem a lot more self sufficient. All you need is a tin of pellets and you're set...

Nice pic by the way Gil, is that the standard stock or something you swapped in?

-Greg
plantboy

Post by plantboy »

I think my stock is the same as the R9 Goldfinger stock, though I do not have the 'gold' trigger. Lewis has these stocks and other farkles for your R9....... probably has 'gold' triggers as well.
Last year Lewis did import some super fancy walnut stocks (drool) for the R9 but these are way out of my price league. :cry:
Predator

Post by Predator »

I'd love to get a maccari stock or something but its getting expensive now since i'm getting all the extras already... but then it might save time and money in the long run if I do it now!

What do you reckon?

How much are those fancy pistol grip stocks worth? (Lewis?)
Lewis Reinhold
300 Win Mag

Post by Lewis Reinhold »

You can have a new fully finished Maccari stock for $995.I'll give you $300 for a new OE R9 stock as trade,so $695 changeover.
I have the Safari and Custom in stock for R9's.
Predator

Post by Predator »

wow, thats more than I had in mind! Do you have any goldfinger stocks laying around, like the one in Plantboy/Gils picture?

Main thing I don't like about the standard stock is the hinge showing... but I'm sure it won't have any effect on my enjoment of shooting the thing :)
Lewis Reinhold
300 Win Mag

Post by Lewis Reinhold »

Predator wrote:wow, thats more than I had in mind! Do you have any goldfinger stocks laying around, like the one in Plantboy/Gils picture?

Main thing I don't like about the standard stock is the hinge showing... but I'm sure it won't have any effect on my enjoment of shooting the thing :)

That is the standard OE stock,same as the GF.
daisy
.308 Winchester
Favourite Cartridge: 7-08

Post by daisy »

These are my air guns Excalibre , R9 ,FWB300S

The Excalibre needs more shooting.
The R9 is Lewis tweaked but doesn't get shot as much as it should.
The FWB300s gets shot at least 3 times a week.

I don't think I'll ever get rid of any of them.

ant

R9

Post by ant »

I have an R9 in 20 cal with a Maccari kit as supplied by Lewis. I have nothing but praise for it and Lewis. So easy to shoot and cock.

After sighting it in on its first outing using JSB Exacts one rabbit for one shot at about 20 metres. The next day 49 out of 50 off hand at 25 metres.

As Lewis said "there aren't many sporters that can do that off the shelf".

You'll be like me once you get your R9 - will not be able to get the smile off your face. :lol:

Fortunately I have two daughters that can shoot my other air rifles, because since the R9 arrived I really haven't used the others. :twisted:
astro

Post by astro »

ant: was that open sights or scope for 49 out of 50 (targets?)

good shooting either way

ATB
RayG
22-250 Remington
Favourite Cartridge: 375H&H

Post by RayG »

plantboy wrote:Greg, you won't be disapointed. Lewis' tune is a beauty and you will love it. Just learn to shoot your R9 well and everything else will come easily. All you have to do to enjoy yourself is to get out and shoot it as often as possible :D
However, you must be aware that spring guns take at least one tin of pellets to 'break-in' before achieving best accuracy - that has been my experience. Although I'm confident everything will be tightened correctly when when you receive your baby from Lewis, make sure you check all stock and scope fastenings for firm tightness after the first few tins of pellets.

Its pointless comparing springers with PCPs - like apples vs oranges, and in a totally different price range.

Gil
Cheers Ray.