Re: SSAA Field Target Nationals

Post by JM Caddy »

IMG_8477 (Medium).JPG
grmkc
.220 Swift
Favourite Cartridge: 204 Ruger

Post by grmkc »

Never seen that bugger even pick up a rifle in the years I've known him.

Thanks for doing the pics. Will sent you an email in the next couple of days. Just got home.
Ol 55
.308 Winchester
Favourite Cartridge: 20 PPC

Post by Ol 55 »

JM Caddy wrote:I think the official photographer did a pretty good job to. Just saying, as I here he is really crap shot. :mrgreen:
Even better when the SD card is fitted eh Jon
JM Caddy
Favourite Cartridge: .177

Post by JM Caddy »

Gary that's a bloody secret. :x
uncakikki
Favourite Cartridge: 7mm08

Post by uncakikki »

Hi gang, this is the first time I've had a chance to sit down and actually have a bit of "me" time since we got home.

This will only be a short post as we're about to dart out the door for Deehanah's swimming lessons so hopefully I'll get back on later and post some more photos and the results.

First up I'd like to say a big thank you to all of those who attended, it's a bloody big commitment to get in a car these days and drive huge kilometres for a championship but it just goes to show what a dedicated bunch of shooters we have and without you blokes we don't have a discipline and unless 2 we have 2 states or territories present we don't have a National Championship. :(

Before I forget I need to say a special thank you to all those who helped on the weekend and especially to Geoff and Matt for organising everything for the prize table. That in itself is a major effort and just goes to show that the two boys are taken seriously in the trade. I've been trying to get sponsorship for competitions for over twenty years and have never been able to procure a damn thing, nothing........zero.......nada......zip. I now believe that it must be me people don't like :D .

An even bigger thanks goes to everyone who helped pull the range down on Sunday afternoon and stack everything up for me. It took Brian and I 2 days just to set the course and I was expecting to spend at least Monday pulling it down and packing up but thanks to everyone and especially Darius for staying back Sunday afternoon with me we had everything packed into the trailer by 6.30pm Sunday night. I almost got a sleep-in on Monday morning......almost :D .

I was pleased with how smooth the shoot ran and how well behaved people were but then, with the people we are blessed with to have a part of our discipline, I doubt that I'll ever have to deal with any form of unpleasantness. It makes my job so much easier when people just do what and when they are instructed and have so much fun in the process.

Last weekend I spent 3 days at the NDC meeting, which is where we set our budgets and review rules etc. There are quite a few changes coming to our guide in order to bring it more in line with the WFTF rules and those that were present at our discipline meeting will be familiar with them. Those changes have now all been submitted and are now just waiting for board approval in February which is in reality just a formality but never the less necessary before we can go live with them. Once that happens the updated guide will be available for download on the SSAA National website.

So much for a short post. Gotta fly gents, I'll try to get back on later.
Druid66
Favourite Cartridge: .20 Cal

Post by Druid66 »

Nice one Chris and may I be the first here to say A BIG THANKS TO YOU TOO for making the whole event a reality - plus of course a HUGE THUMBS UP to all of the TIN CAN BAY CREW for providing such wonderful hospitality at this years Championships.