FX Impact

msbobcat14
Favourite Cartridge: N/A

Re: FX Impact

Post by msbobcat14 »

The standard .22 mag is 18 and the .30 is 14. Just remember in NSW if you buy a second barrel BOTH barrels must then be engraved with a unique serial number. Mine had to be sent to Qld for laser engraving and it took a month!
msbobcat14

Post by msbobcat14 »

You can use a standard FX mag on the Impact if you install it from the other side but I found it awkward. I found you also have to be careful when you install the standard FX Impact mag. As it is upside down to other FX models it is not quite as smooth and you don't want to force it. I have been very happy with my Impact which is 12mths old now.

Just a word of warning ... the factory setting for the regulator should be 140BAR and should not be higher than 150. You will probably not be able to check this when the gun is delivered as it will not be full enough. As the procedure for adjusting the regulator requires you to remove the air cylinder one option is to follow the instructions for setting the regulator pressure before you screw on the cylinder in the first place. Mine was set at 190BAR!!
kickinback
50 BMG
Favourite Cartridge: 260 Rem

Post by kickinback »

msbobcat14 wrote:The standard .22 mag is 18 and the .30 is 14. Just remember in NSW if you buy a second barrel BOTH barrels must then be engraved with a unique serial number. Mine had to be sent to Qld for laser engraving and it took a month!

Someone was stuffing you around. 2.5 minutes is all it takes and that includes programming.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Seddo
.338 Lapua Magnum
Favourite Cartridge: Creedmoor

Post by Seddo »

msbobcat14 wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2017 1:30 pm You can use a standard FX mag on the Impact if you install it from the other side but I found it awkward. I found you also have to be careful when you install the standard FX Impact mag. As it is upside down to other FX models it is not quite as smooth and you don't want to force it. I have been very happy with my Impact which is 12mths old now.

Just a word of warning ... the factory setting for the regulator should be 140BAR and should not be higher than 150. You will probably not be able to check this when the gun is delivered as it will not be full enough. As the procedure for adjusting the regulator requires you to remove the air cylinder one option is to follow the instructions for setting the regulator pressure before you screw on the cylinder in the first place. Mine was set at 190BAR!!
Thanks for the tip, Herman had a compressor to fill the tank so I'll make sure it set correctly before I walk out of here.
msbobcat14

Post by msbobcat14 »

Another tip regards the threaded screw/bolt at the rear that secures the barrel in place.I read complaints that this can work loose and it did happen to me. As the inside head of the threaded bolt does not make contact with gun I used a thin rubber washer to give a small amount of resistance to stop it working loose ...seems to work OK.
Also a small amount of oil on the black grub screws is a good idea as they have a tendency to rust.
These are small points I know you are going to enjoy your Impact!