Airgunners Helping Mother Nature

Stonechucker
Favourite Cartridge: .177

Re: Airgunners Helping Mother Nature

Post by Stonechucker »

I hope that is just a little pup fox .. or they are bloody big Indian Mynas !! :lol:

The first pic is a nice one Luke :)
Luke
Favourite Cartridge: na

Post by Luke »

LOL stonechucker! :lol: Thx for the kind words. It's a Huge pup hey?! kinda felt bad taking that one out, but as we all know - in a few months time that little one would've been a killing machine.

The skull is from the vixen up top. You can see the entry hole between the eyes. Exit hole was in the eye socket. So pellet hit the brain and did a sharp turn out the eye.
Camel
Ultimate AusVarminter
Favourite Cartridge: 20-222 6x47 rem, 250

Post by Camel »

Nicely done Luke, so you have fox cubs out already, :shock: or is it a photo from last year ? Funnily enough I think I would like to see Asian Minor birds out here, be a good excuse to get a phuttt phuttt gun. :lol:
Luke
Favourite Cartridge: na

Post by Luke »

Camel wrote:Nicely done Luke, so you have fox cubs out already, :shock: or is it a photo from last year ? Funnily enough I think I would like to see Asian Minor birds out here, be a good excuse to get a phuttt phuttt gun. :lol:
That pup was from last year. I'm looking at getting out again soon to put some more pellets in some foxes. I love foxes, they are beautiful dogs, but i love our native fauna more, and they need protection.

Interestingly, one of those mynahs i hit in the wing, so it couldn't take flight. there were these 2 blueish water fouls nearby, and they made their way straight over to the mynah and started trying to kill it. I had to shoo them away to finish it off quickly, but they weren't wanting to back off. once they saw me finish the mynah, they relaxed and went back to doing their own thing. Didn't care about me - just the injured mynah. :?