Hunting rabbits with an air rifle .

Chris L
.22 WMR

Post by Chris L »

You could also ask what Lewis has second-hand.

The warranty is unbeatable, too.

Chris
astro

Post by astro »

ant wrote:I use my R9 with JSBs, a perfect combo for rabbits.

I'm still grinning :twisted:

Have seen Native Hunters R1 in action beautiful!!
ant: it's a hard choice, but i can take my time about it low$$$$ atm :cry:
is yours a .20 and how about nh r1 is that .22?

btw thought nh had a hw97k .20 or has he got both?

native: if you are out there would love to hear some feedback... :D

cheers
carl
ant

Post by ant »

The R1 and the R9 are both in 20cal. Native Hunter and I have both used JSB and Beeman Crowmagums. I am of the opion mine is suited to the JSB, I'll leave Native Hunter for his own comment.
If $$$ are short have you looked at Lewis' used section. He looks after all his customers, not just those that buy new. I see there is an R10 there (if it hasn't been sold)

Still grinning :twisted:
ogre6br
300 Win Mag
Favourite Cartridge: 6.5x55 or 6BR

Post by ogre6br »

My .22 cal excaliber is way outside the $$ limits you might be considering +$2k when I brought it several years ago S/H.

At full noise the Excally will pump out 24+FPs which is 70m head shots on rabbits and easy 45m on foxes and cats. but it also goes through pigeons and the tin roofs behind at 8m inside large warehouses- Oppps

I have had Lewis detune the power of it down to about 18-19 FPE (strong springer or lower end gas ram) for getting more shots before having to refill from the scuba tank.

I can easily head shoot rabbits at 40 with this rifle. I have even dropped cats with it at close to 40 with head and another with a " low neck shot" at 35.

Everything of Lewis's is quality and the man is a marvel with after sales service and especially warrantee. I brught my AG S/H or maybe thrid Hand but Lewis said it was one he imported so it was covered by his life time warrantee. I asked if Leiws would allow the then owner to send it to him and he will look it over and as a pre-purchase inspection- before I would agree to the asking price- no problems was his quick reply.
another time I was heavy handed with fitting a magazine and broke something- MY FAULT and Lewis fixed it under Warr and had it back to me within 10 Days Melb to QLD.

Spend your $$ confidently with Lewis and what ever you buy can be used to teach your grand kids to shoot- if you look after it.

BUY THE BEST YOU CAN AFFORD FIRST UP- WITH AG'S IT'S BUY ONCE CRY ONCE IF YOU DO IT PROPERLY FIRST TIME ROUND.

I dont know what sort of $$ you have for a scope but consider one just from an ease of shot placement idea.

Lewis might be able to set you up with a peep setup if a scope is beyond the $$ ATM.

HTH and I hope you do get addicted to them like a lot of us here are- I'm just lacking funds to further that addiction--hhmmm.

I chose .22 cal because I like to shoot heavy- ag's powder burners, 12# but you might like to consider a .20 cal- almost the speed of a .177 but more FPE on target but not quite the trajectory loop of a .22.

LAter
P
ogre6br
300 Win Mag

Post by ogre6br »

LOOK at the bottom of this post

Nice start ups- all back by the "Lewis" garrantee

I used either a D34 or D36 for a couple of years before stepping upto the Excally unkitted and it was great.

http://ausvarmint.kjd84.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1102

later
P
Lewis Reinhold
300 Win Mag

Post by Lewis Reinhold »

Thanks for the kudos Patrick!
Lewis
ogre6br
300 Win Mag

Post by ogre6br »

Lewis Reinhold wrote:Thanks for the kudos Patrick!
Lewis
well deserved ones at that. Just sorry I am not in a position to send more $$ your way.
Still working on the stuff I sent you the email about- should be seeing a prototype in the next week or so.

BTW hows that SLR coming??????? just asking???

later
P
crowbuster

Post by crowbuster »

I believe the Cometa Fenix in .22 cal is a good value airgun at an affordable price.@$400 I believe. Will nail bunnies with ease with proper pellet placement.
HAIR BEAR
.204 Ruger

Post by HAIR BEAR »

G'day crowbuster
welcome to our lovely site :D
Drew Jaeger
.223 Remington
Favourite Cartridge: 7mm-08

Post by Drew Jaeger »

The couple of times I've taken out the Weihrauch HW97K, I've been able to nail a few rabbits with it. Although it's a 4.5mm (.177"), Beeman FTS pellets kill bunnies well (head shots) to 25-30m.

cam_mackps2
.222 Remington

Post by cam_mackps2 »

Not a bunny but a hare.
Around 30m with my Gamo cfx .177 under wheelchair mounted light (believe that was the last time i used the light, about 18months ago)

One shot but he ran about 10m.