Rant

Whitey
.17 HMR

Rant

Post by Whitey »

The Airarms story is very long and painful. They were supposed to be here first week of January. Some problem with customs. The importer is hard to deal with with. Doesn't return calls and can't give any info. Told me they had one but in the wrong calibre so I've been waiting waiting. Then after finding out they havn't got here, they tell me that the one in stock is actually the right calibre being .22. I arrange to buy that one and at the last minute they say oh you can't have that one as we have decided to hang onto it. I am keen for a TX200 or a Prosport but they havn't arrived either. All this makes me wonder what it will be like if I eventually get one and something goes wrong with it. What amazes me is that every time I pick up a shooting mag here there is a test or an advert for AirArms rifles. Be good if you could actually get one.

RIf only Lewis was the importer.............. I sold my BSA Hornet to make room for the AA.......... Not very happy.

My PTA is about to expire so I thought I'll look around for something else. HW100 just out of stock and not due till January. A new FX Royale. Not in stock until January sometime. I have looked into the process and I think I'll try and privately import an AirArms from one of the big dealers in the states. Exchange rate is good. Just got to find the time.

Anyway that is a very short version of the AirArms story. Its good in a way as I have found myself turning to my springers again and loving it. It is easy to get carried away with all the PCP hype, but good springers are alot of fun. Who here has a TX200?
kjd
Site Admin
Favourite Cartridge: 223Rem

Re: Rant

Post by kjd »

Thats no good mate. Is it really that hard to have customer service? Really? Who imports Air Arms? Hermans??
What about something from Theoben or the like?
native hunter
.270 Winchester
Favourite Cartridge: .22lr

Post by native hunter »

Whitey,
You definitely have had a bad time with AA,I suppose our dealings with lewis has spoiled us.!!!
I hear you on the PCP hype,They are nice and accurate and plenty of power but playin with the R1 springer in 20 cal gives me lots of pleasure.
Maybe a daystate would be nice.!!!
Native
RayG
22-250 Remington
Favourite Cartridge: 375H&H

Post by RayG »

Yeah Brendan, it makes you wonder why these guys bother to go to the trouble of trying to import these guns without doing it the right way. No proper communication with the makers to start with.They go through a middleman who usually has not a lot of experience with some of the makers anyway.No spare parts requested when first dealing with them and so on. We have been spoilt dealing with Lewis and I can feel his frustration with the crap he has had to deal with.
I hope if works for you eventually. I had a TX200 .22 and traded it to Lewis for my TTR1,
prolly long gone by now.
Hang in there mate.
Ray
Tasco

Post by Tasco »

Guys I have it on good authority that they arrived in Mid December but the whole lot was refused by customs as some of them were deemed to have suppressors on them. There were supposed to be some of the 400 series in the shipment and they come stranded with a suppressor looking attachment.

Only a rumour but it was from a good source.
RayG
22-250 Remington
Favourite Cartridge: 375H&H

Post by RayG »

Why does that not surprise me! Having had dealings with the customs myself,some of them can not tell the difference of a muzzle break from a silencer anyway.
And the crap rolls on!. :?
Whitey
.17 HMR

Post by Whitey »

That is correct re customs.
doidge5781
.222 Remington
Favourite Cartridge: .223

Post by doidge5781 »

Re your PTA you can get an extension at least In Vic you can. Just send it back to LSD and they will print a new one with new expirey date save goin thru the hoops again
cambo

Post by cambo »

doidge5781 wrote:Re your PTA you can get an extension at least In Vic you can. Just send it back to LSD and they will print a new one with new expirey date save goin thru the hoops again
Thats correct they will extend the PTA in Vic but it doesnt seem published. I would ask the local LSD if this is an option
JD

Post by JD »

The FAC level S400/S410's have shrouded barrels standard. I was wondering how they were getting them in and if they were a modified version for the Australian market (unlikely). They still sell the standard barrel ones out of the factory but they aren't sidelever and are only 12ftp models. Will be interesting to see what shows up.

The TX200 also has a brake in the end of the barrel with some baffles in it. It is integrated into the barrel so you wouldnt know without looking down the chute. Might have been caught on that too.

Wonder how it will all go. I'd love to get an AA and I still haven't purchased anything. An S410 would be one of my favorites though in a walnut stock.
Whitey
.17 HMR

Post by Whitey »

Further to this, a few weeks ago I get a e-mail to say my S410 Carbine has arrived. That's 7 months of nothing, no info, no delivery time, nothing. I didn't take it, as in the mean time I have imported my own FX Cyclone .22 with a walnut stock. The FX is awesome. Light and compact, accurate (JSB Jumbo's), adjustable power and the action is very handy. It has already accounted for numerous rats including 6 tonight.

Put a Mk11 stock on my Mk1 today. Bored it for the Quik-fil, fitted the sleeve and straight on. I bought the stock from a guy in the States who was building a custom and took the stock off his rifle as soon as he got it, so it was as new. Looks great and feels good. Interestingly it is about an inch shorter.
curan
.338 Lapua Magnum
Favourite Cartridge: 30/30

Post by curan »

Whitey wrote:.......... 7 months of nothing, no info, no delivery time, nothing. I didn't take it.......
Good on you Whitey.

Hmmmmm, perhaps Lewis could start a consultancy explaining "customer service" to some of these businesses?

regards, curan