Field Target Melbourne

Predator

Field Target Melbourne

Post by Predator »

Are there any clubs in or around Melbourne that do field target? I've had a look round the net and notihng came up... its looking prety bleak so far...

cheers

Greg
Predator

Post by Predator »

hmm 17 views and no replies... I guess the answer is "no"

failing that, are there any clubs that allow scoped target shooting? So far the local small bore/air rifle club (TRV) I've contacted is into the olympic style target shooting, iron sighs and over the top match air rifles... not my thing at all.

How bout SSAA? whats their stance on air rifles?
kjd
Site Admin
Favourite Cartridge: 223Rem

Post by kjd »

SSAA do all sorts of air rifle shooting like Air Rifle metallic silhouette etc etc. I'm not from Vic so i cant tell you what where or how sorry! http://www.ssaa.org.au
Predator

Post by Predator »

thanks chief, I'll be heading down to the local SSAA range this week and see what they have available (they're closed wednesdays)... emailed the vic head office with some question the other day but never received a reply :(
Lewis Reinhold
300 Win Mag

Post by Lewis Reinhold »

I'll find out for you.Will return!
Lewis Reinhold
300 Win Mag

Post by Lewis Reinhold »

You could try the Springvale range and I know they shoot Outdoor Silhouette in Bendigo.
I'll keep looking.
Lewis
Predator

Post by Predator »

Thanks mate! The Springy range is just 18 minutes down the road, they have a 10 metre AR range so I'll be doing most of my target shooting there... but field target is starting to look doubtful down here, you guys up north are spoilt :)
Lewis Reinhold
300 Win Mag

Post by Lewis Reinhold »

I don't hear much about FT but there's a fair bit of OS going on.There are still plenty of springers doing the business too.Not everyone is married to PCP's!