COMPLETLEY RECOILESS FREE!!!

fenring

Post by fenring »

I have some of that Burrsthreo oil - it smells really old skool.

The old Browning Legia Spray is a favourite. And the "spray pour armi" silicone spray is always on the shelves of gunshops too.
Lewis Reinhold
300 Win Mag

Post by Lewis Reinhold »

I do remember the smell as a kid.Is it still around?

Silicon spray??? Where on earth would you use that on a shotgun??
kjd
Site Admin
Favourite Cartridge: 223Rem

Post by kjd »

* civil libertarian
* anecdotal evidence
* inductive logic
* Larger half
* Pretty ugly
* Religious Explanation
* living dead
* deafening silence
* Jumbo shrimp
They are oxymoron's mate so Recoiless Free is not an oxymoron but a double negative (which in English ends up being a positive) sort of like not not black meaning it is black or not unknown etc etc.

So recoiless free technically means it does have recoil even if its just because the author of the description is not the full quid! Technically PCP's do have recoil so in essence the term is correct in the fact that PCP's do have recoil.
I don't feel the recoil of a PCP so the correct term would be zero felt recoil as opposed to recoil free because as we know "For every action there is an equal but opposite reaction" Its just that the weight of the PCP airgun absorbs the recoil so that we don't feel it at all!

Enough crapping on anyway's its still stupid the way its put and it would not be a normal way to say it had recoil they just screwed up :lol: :lol:
fenring

Post by fenring »

Lewis Reinhold wrote:I do remember the smell as a kid.Is it still around?

Dunno. Other than wipe it over. I was in one of the local gunshops the other day, they had about a dozen sprays, oils etc - none suitable for spring airguns. Not even Dri Slide / Gun Slide.
Lewis Reinhold
300 Win Mag

Post by Lewis Reinhold »

fenring wrote:

Dunno. Other than wipe it over. I was in one of the local gunshops the other day, they had about a dozen sprays, oils etc - none suitable for spring airguns. Not even Dri Slide / Gun Slide.
There are so many better rust preventative products available.
Today's springers need so little attention with synthetic seals and most factories now making some effort.
Still,gunshops keep selling the wrong stuff.
I warn until I'm blue in the face but they just don't listen.People still insist on slopping their favourite firearms solvents and lubes on airguns ,usually with horrendous results!
Worse still,they come back screaming WARRANTY!!!
RayG
22-250 Remington
Favourite Cartridge: 375H&H

Post by RayG »

Lewis Reinhold wrote:
fenring wrote:

There are so many better rust preventative products available.
Today's springers need so little attention with synthetic seals and most factories now making some effort.
Still,gunshops keep selling the wrong stuff.
I warn until I'm blue in the face but they just don't listen.People still insist on slopping their favourite firearms solvents and lubes on airguns ,usually with horrendous results!
Worse still,they come back screaming WARRANTY!!!
Crikey I like a healthy debate now and again! I even learned a bit more about english too! It reminds me of the smell of napalm in the morning.
El Caro

Post by El Caro »

kjd wrote:Well it is a double negative which means that BSA PCP rifles KICK LIKE MULES :lol: :lol: :lol:
Oxymorons, double negatives?????????????????? It's obvious that the person does not have full control of the Queens English but if I understand him correctly he is more or less on the right wavelength. I have a .25" and .22" BSA Spitfire and they are very quiet, powerful, accurate and recolless air rifles. Here in the UK the Export/FAC models are classed as Section 1 Firearms. Legal jargon. Not real world. Hehehehe. :)
El Caro

Post by El Caro »

Here is a picture of my .22" Spitfire bought secondhand complete with scope, silencer and sling for a hundred quid secondhand. A quick splash of cammo via a couple of spraycans and a dab with a sponge before drying and off we went. :D Nice one.

Last edited by El Caro on Wed Mar 14, 2007 12:32 am, edited 3 times in total.
Lewis Reinhold
300 Win Mag

Post by Lewis Reinhold »

El Caro wrote:
kjd wrote:Well it is a double negative which means that BSA PCP rifles KICK LIKE MULES :lol: :lol: :lol:
Oxymorons, double negatives?????????????????? It's obvious that the person does not have full control of the Queens English but if I understand him correctly he is more or less on the right wavelength. I have a .25" and .22" BSA Spitfire and they are very quiet, powerful, accurate and recolless air rifles. Here in the UK the Export/FAC models are classed as Section 1 Firearms. Legal jargon. Not real world. Hehehehe. :)
At least your sub 12FP air rifles aren't "firearms".There's a bit of sense in there.
It's nonsense over here.
GriMo
Site Admin
Favourite Cartridge: 17 rem

Post by GriMo »

El Caro wrote:classed as Section 1 Firearms.
They sort of are classed as firearms arent they?
El Caro

Post by El Caro »

Lewis Reinhold wrote:
El Caro wrote:
At least your sub 12FP air rifles aren't "firearms".There's a bit of sense in there.
It's nonsense over here.

In legal jargon even the sub 12ft/lbs airguns are termed firearms if involved in a felony. Quite frequently they are also incorrectly called firearms by those that want to sensationalise a story to sell newspapers or advance their own little agenda in some way. Much of the media available over here is owned by "The Dirty Digger", and guess where he comes from? Hehehehe. :D
plantboy

Post by plantboy »

"The Dirty Digger", and guess where he comes from? Hehehehe. :D
I do believe he is a citizen of the good ol' US of A ('land of the free, home of the brave etc') ........ and they deserve him. :roll:
El Caro

Post by El Caro »

'Tis true that he is now a citizen of the US. No doubt so that he can have his say in their media. That's not where he originated. When a cat has kittens in the oven do we call them biscuits? Hehehe. :)