Theoben rabbit

Whitey
.17 HMR

Theoben rabbit

Post by Whitey »

Headed up the farm this weekend. Not a lot around. Nailed this fine rabbit with the Rapid .22.
Gin Gin hunt.jpg
native hunter
.270 Winchester
Favourite Cartridge: .22lr

Re: Theoben rabbit

Post by native hunter »

Good work Whitey.!!
That rapid MK1 looks very similiar to the one that one of the airgun boys here just purchsed of Lewis.
I had a shot of it last week and its a fine bit of gear.
What pellets are you using.??
Is that a 400cc tank.??
Regards
stinkitup
.338 Lapua Magnum
Favourite Cartridge: 6.5x55

Post by stinkitup »

Nice work Whitey.
Whitey
.17 HMR

Post by Whitey »

Yes it's a very nice rifle. 400cc bottle. I am using JSB Exacts. They are the best pellet by far. I use them in my BSA Hornet also. I tried a few others in the Hornet on the weekend and they were all over the shop. Back to JSB's and spot on. The Hornet is really good value.
sillybgoat

Post by sillybgoat »

Awesome. And nice and quiet too. What sort of distance do you have accuracy and killing ability to?
RayG
22-250 Remington
Favourite Cartridge: 375H&H

Post by RayG »

Hi Whitey,
Nice clean looking bunnie! The Rapid really is the Dogs Danglys eh mate. I,m still tickled with my .20.
What breed is the scope you have on it?
Ray. :)
Whitey
.17 HMR

Post by Whitey »

Scope is a 6.5-20 x 50 AO Simmons. It's probably a bit over the top size wise, but does the job very well. I like going to the range and putting up very small groups while the .22 shooters look on with surprise. When hunting, I don't shoot at anything over 50m.

I recently got a quick fill set up for the Rapid from a bloke in the USA. It's meant for a MK11, but does the same thing on the Mk1. The only problem I can see is that the stock under the breach block is thicker on a Mk11. I have to decide whether I can live with the male coupling protruding further through the bottom of the stock on my Mk1. The breach block on the current Mk1 comes with a blank bolt already, so it's just a matter of fitting it to the existing hole and then boring and sleeving the stock. Lewis and I are going to have a look at it when I get a chance to get down to see him. Not the sort of mod to undertake yourself, be it relatively simple. If anyone is interested in reading about this and other mods, I strongly suggest you join the US website 'airgun advice'. It is a wealth of information. Look under the trading section and the man is "Swift 220".

If and when I fit the quick fill to my rifle I will post some pictures and impressions. Sadly a factory quick fill is the only feature missing from the Rapids. My BSA Hornet is so easy to fill compared to screwing off the Rapid bottle. I read on one of the OS sites that Theoben intend fitting a factory quick fill to future models, but can't confirm that.

Lewis, where are the Beeman Falcons? Multi shot quick fill.......................
RayG
22-250 Remington
Favourite Cartridge: 375H&H

Post by RayG »

Trust me not to recognise the scope! I have one on my CZ for Met sil. with my eyes I can definitely see what I am shooting at with it. Your scope looked like it had an IR in it but it was your T shirt logo behind that fooled me.
With luck I will have another little gadget from Dr.Bob fairly soon that may interest you, I will keep you posted.
Cheers Ray. 8)
Lewis Reinhold
300 Win Mag

Post by Lewis Reinhold »

Whitey wrote:Headed up the farm this weekend. Not a lot around. Nailed this fine rabbit with the Rapid .22.
Gin Gin hunt.jpg
Nice shooting Brendan.