an air rifle for a beginer

johny

an air rifle for a beginer

Post by johny »

Hi all,
I really want to get an air rifle it would be used for shooting starlings and birds and maybe the odd rabbit :auto: . What you recomend and how much would it cost? I have had a look a gamo but people have told me they arnt to great, my friend has a gamo cfx and he has had no trouble.
what would you recomend? :hunting:
GriMo
Site Admin
Favourite Cartridge: 17 rem

Re: an air rifle for a beginer

Post by GriMo »

Hey mate word around town is for a budget AR the Norica is where your money is well spent if you want new.
Might also want to check with Lewis as he often has some decent second hand rifles, and from memory he offers a warranty on them as well. I have no need for an AR and sometimes i'm tempted myself :P
Hilly
.17 HMR

Post by Hilly »

The Norica Dream Rider is a good quality budget air rifle. Pretty basic but looks like it is well made. The one I did a bit of shooting with was fine. If you want a better trigger and wood stock I would go for the "Storm". I have not personally used one (we have one in the shop) but they look and feel like quality.
Ask Lewis about them, he has all the facts and figures and can do some fairly good package deals.
Dennis.
:rifle:
Brett-Cox
Favourite Cartridge: N/A

Post by Brett-Cox »

Mate i got one of them el cheap-o Gamo shadowsport's and any starling or sparrows within 50 metres are in real danger and as for rabbits i chest shot one at 35 long paces 2 nights ago and the pellet went straight through, so provided you get close enough and do your job then even a cheap gamo will work
Lewis Reinhold
300 Win Mag

Post by Lewis Reinhold »

johny wrote:Hi all,
I really want to get an air rifle it would be used for shooting starlings and birds and maybe the odd rabbit :auto: . What you recomend and how much would it cost? I have had a look a gamo but people have told me they arnt to great, my friend has a gamo cfx and he has had no trouble.
what would you recomend? :hunting:
Hi Johny,
Is there a budget involved?I'm happy to help you with a beautiful airgun and back it.
Over to you.
Lewis
native hunter
.270 Winchester
Favourite Cartridge: .22lr

Post by native hunter »

Johnny,
Plenty of talk on this forum on that subject and just recently, check it out.
Regards
johny

Post by johny »

Hi all,
thanks for your replies, i dont paticulary want to spend much more than 500, incuding a scope.
thanks
Lewis Reinhold
300 Win Mag

Post by Lewis Reinhold »

johny wrote:Hi all,
thanks for your replies, i dont paticulary want to spend much more than 500, incuding a scope.
thanks
I could do rough looking HW80 .177 with a fresh Maccari tune for $500.It's hot!
ant

Post by ant »

Johny
That's a good offer!! Remember is has Lewis' back up with it.
fritz

Post by fritz »

Get a Diana 34 .177. Period. Mine likes Gamo Match and Beeman HN wadcutters, 12.7mm groups at 35 meteres with the Beeman's
RayG
22-250 Remington
Favourite Cartridge: 375H&H

Post by RayG »

Hi Fritz, welcome to the forum.
Yeah mate the RWS/Diana 34 is a good AG and so is the HW80, out of the factory I think the HW80 would outgrunt the 34 in performance. But the 80 Lewis is offering Johny has been enhanced with a Maccari treatment and is well beyond factory specs in smooth output of power. It does make a difference to a used gun deal. :)