200 yard group...

Yrrah
.204 Ruger
Favourite Cartridge: .25 JSB King

200 yard group...

Post by Yrrah »

" I have a very nice.... " Just joking Chris / Lewis.......

We are just back from a month at the farm dodging the rain harvesting and stripping the lavender and other jobs... like shooting rabbits and feral cats and crows that were potential threats to the little Willy wagtail family being reared in a very exposed nest over the dam. Dropped one crow at 93 yards.

Anyway I got to set up my 200 yard target once when the wind abated and the cattle and sheep were up the back paddocks.

This is the best of the three groups shot in the session:

Four of the five shots went 2.08 inches and are under the minute of angle at the 202 yards ( which is 2.115 inches at that range ) laser measured.

This was a report on the last session I had late last year:
http://www.network54.com/Forum/79537/me ... 196763062/

So the MOA 200 yd group is getting close. ... Just needs the right "air".

BSA .22 Hornet shooting at 900 fps with JSB Exacts out of the tin. Sight zeroed at 150 yards and POA was 49 inches (edit) above the sticker as a paint spot on a steel rod fixed up the back of the target ( using Chairgun data ).

Hope the New Year is being kind to you all.
Kind regards, Harry.
Last edited by Yrrah on Tue Feb 05, 2008 2:11 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Lewis Reinhold
300 Win Mag

Re: 200 yard group...

Post by Lewis Reinhold »

Yrrah wrote:" I have a very nice.... " Just joking Chris / Lewis.......

We are just back from a month at the farm dodging the rain harvesting and stripping the lavender and other jobs... like shooting rabbits and feral cats and crows that were potential threats to the little Willy wagtail family being reared in a very exposed nest over the dam. Dropped one crow at 93 yards.

Anyway I got to set up my 200 yard target once when the wind abated and the cattle and sheep were up the back paddocks.

This is the best of the three groups shot in the session:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v392/ ... yards3.jpg

Four of the five shots went 2.08 inches and are under the minute of angle at the 202 yards ( which is 2.115 inches at that range ) laser measured.

This was a report on the last session I had late last year:
http://www.network54.com/Forum/79537/me ... 196763062/

So the MOA 200 yd group is getting close. ... Just needs the right "air".

BSA .22 Hornet shooting at 900 fps with JSB Exacts out of the tin. Sight zeroed at 150 yards and POA was 24 inches above the sticker as a paint spot on a steel rod fixed up the back of the target ( using Chairgun data ).

Hope the New Year is being kind to you all.
Kind regards, Harry.

Thanks Harry!!! Incredible as always.Bet the Poms won't believe you again!!
I'm down to my last couple of Hornet .177's and that is it.Great little airgun for sure.
Lewis