GAMO long range pellets

Urban_Assassin

GAMO long range pellets

Post by Urban_Assassin »

Hi
Has anyone used GAMO long range 22cal pellets before or Know anything about them.
Regards
Hilly
.17 HMR

Post by Hilly »

I have used them in my HW97K and found them to be just OK, nothing magic, nothing too horrible either. I did note that some of the skirts were out of shape so if you were after accuracy I would look for something better. They were a fairly cheap pellet a while ago but as the price of Lead has gone through the roof, so to speak, the next batch we get in could be twice the price of the last lot.
Rimfire ammo is going up by 30%, centrefire is creeping up as well so lead pellets will do the same thing. The Lead would have to be 50% of the total cost of the pellets, then comes shipping, taxes, duties and finally the dealer's profit(?) so expect the worst but hope for the best.
Dennis.
Urban_Assassin

Post by Urban_Assassin »

thanks for your help, i will try another pellet out of my hw97k
chris thomas
.17 HMR
Favourite Cartridge: na

Post by chris thomas »

Beeman FTS pellets seem to work best in HW rifles
native hunter
.270 Winchester
Favourite Cartridge: .22lr

Post by native hunter »

Try some of Ethans FTS in your HW97 , you will be suprised.
Bacause they look like H&N does not mean they shoot the same.
Regards
Lewis Reinhold
300 Win Mag

Post by Lewis Reinhold »

UA,
Yes.Try the Beeman FTS in your HW97.Would you like a tin with my compliments?\
NH is quite correct.Even though H&N make the Beeman pellets,they do not always have the same pellet in their range.
Beeman Kodiaks are not always H&N Baracuda and Beeman FTS are not always H&N F/T or F/TT.
Weights,designs,sizes etc do vary and rarely does the H&N 'equivalent' work as well as the Beeman pellet.I'm sure there are members of this forum that would concur!
Lewis
Urban_Assassin

Post by Urban_Assassin »

thanks for the offer Lewis but i have half a tin here i can try and see how they shoot. thanks anyway.