What to do.???

native hunter
.270 Winchester
Favourite Cartridge: .22lr

What to do.???

Post by native hunter »

G"day
I have R1 in .20 cal with a 2-7x32(mil dot) nikko on it and it has performed all that was asked of it .
I have purchased a HW77 in .22 cal with a arctic fox 3-12x40(fine duplex) and I am considering swapping the scopes and mounts around.
The reason being the R1 is a flatter shooting calibre and could do with the higher magnification scope and the scope is also coupled with a one piece beeman mount which would be better quality than the cheaper two piece mounts I have on the R1.
What do you think.??
I have also purchased a Theoben Rapid MFR from lewis and Intend to put a Simmons 6-18x40 side focus prohunter on it.
I am not sure if the simmons will focus down to 10 mtrs or so, I have had it for 6 months but not used it.
I have the airgun bug at the moment.
Regards
RayG
22-250 Remington
Favourite Cartridge: 375H&H

Post by RayG »

Hi NH, In regard to your Simmons side focus scope,I have got the 4-12x44 Prohunter side focus and it just makes it to a 10 metre poa still in focus. It is still quite usable down to 8 metres close in although a little fuzzy,so I reckon you will come close to a 10 metre focus on yours.
Cheers Ray.
astro

Post by astro »

sounds like you are well and truely bitten NH.......
morten

Post by morten »

Damien, i use a2-7x32 on my hw97 in .22cal(a Lewis package deal) & have found it to be well suited to gun for field shooting , mostly using 7x on bunnies out to 50m, 2x is handy for close up, fast ,off hand shooting(lower magnification =less wobble) but seriously dude i'd throw those springers over the bank & stick with the theoben!! ......... there's some nice banks on the Grafton rifle range, just let me know which one & what time?
cheers Mort
:D
native hunter
.270 Winchester
Favourite Cartridge: .22lr

Post by native hunter »

G"day
Morten-I should be at Grafton shoot tomorrow.
I'm headin there today to celebrate OZ day with a good mate of mine and also drop in and see Ant.
I will have a few Rifles with me.
Regards
morten

Post by morten »

If i end up home alone on sunday i'll try & get up for a shoot & have a look at your toys, i shot there today, rimfire in the morning then pistol & full bore after lunch, lucky it only rained between matchs so no wet arsses or gear!

cheers Mort
ant

Post by ant »

Morten

Where were you?? Pistols this morning and air rifles this arvo. Damien's new PCP is magic!!

Ant
morten

Post by morten »

Bugger!......... didn't get left "home alone " as i'd hoped. did the family thing instead, beach & movies.." I AM LEGEND",.... Will Smith can't shoot for shit!
deer running every where & he ends up eating spam :?
I will get up there eventually, the missus doesen't like me shooting all week end, she can,t stand to see me have too much fun..... that's also the reason she closes her eyes during sex :wink:
Mort