Post by Detritus »

C'mon then Ray,
Tell us how fast you have rattled off 8 shots :lol: :twisted: :lol:
Something tells me its gonna be a tad quicker than mine :wink:
RayG
22-250 Remington
Favourite Cartridge: 375H&H

Post by RayG »

Howdy Det! Long time mate. At the moment I,m still all thumbs with the pump action,but once I settle in it should be a fairly quick cycle rate cos the action does not travel very far when loading. Its always best to do some leisurely retraining with a new toy.But when I get it right Speedy Gonzales eat your heart out!
The action slide seems to do a bit less travel than your biathlon bolt in its cycle so it should be a bit quicker with practice.
Its all good mate,hope to catch up soon. :lol: :lol:
crowbuster

Post by crowbuster »

Hey Crowbuster, it does look like you have yourself a ripper. Tell me more about them mate
G'day Tez,

Yes mate I am a fan of the FX airguns, particularly the timber stocked Cyclone that I have.

It's best features in my opinion are:
-very light weight,
-very powerful (14, 22 & 34 ft/lbs) from memory on low medium & high power settings
-Very accurate -consistently groups well under an inch at 50 metres.
-High quality components
-8 shot rotary magazine repeater which functions very smoothly.
-Built in accurate air pressure guage
-You get about 24 shots on full power before the trajectory drops a little,
on lower power settings you get a lot more before a recharge is necessary.

The negatives are few, but include cost (you get what you pay for)
& noise - all PCP guns are loud compared to springers, but ooooooh so much more powerful & accurate.

I have no doubt that Lewis is the guy to buy from for quality products, aftersales service & repairs, however the bottom line is I wanted an FX and had to get it from the guy with the glossy ads (who I might add was pretty helpful and gave me a $50 discount once we broke the ice over the telephone).

To date I have put nearly 1000 shots through mine (I'm not into rapid fire, more into sniper shooting crows & mynahs) and it has been trouble free and a joy to use. I know if I miss with it, that it was my fault not the gun.

Check out the FX website for more info (just google FX airguns) and it will give you all the technical data. Also, if you happen to have read that review on the FX Cutlass in the SSAA magazine by John Coory, the guy is an idiot and his article is rubbish.
There are however some quality reviews I found on the net by googling FX, and also a good one in Guns & Game magazine, and these did influence my choice.

The FX pump is a quality and easy to use unit which makes charging the gun fairly easy without mucking around with scuba tanks etc.

I love my FX and wish Lewis was the agent for them but alas..... :(

CB
Tez
.17 HMR
Favourite Cartridge: 3006

Post by Tez »

Thanks for the tips Crowbuster. I will checkout the links & mag reviews :wink: