BSA Hornet .. more 100 yard groups....

Yrrah
.204 Ruger
Favourite Cartridge: .25 JSB King

BSA Hornet .. more 100 yard groups....

Post by Yrrah »

I had to go to the farm for a few days over last weekend to harvest some lavender. Just happened to get some time for shooting in good conditions one afternoon ...... six 5 shot groups with four of them of one inch or better. The average was 1.10 inch ctc ( 27.9 mm ).

BSA .22 Hornet shooting JSBs at 900 fps with the "air stripper" attached. I have described it before in a post further down. I still don't know if it improves things but it certainly isn't making things any worse. It does nothing to reduce the noise ....... Kind regards, harry.
Hilly
.17 HMR

Post by Hilly »

Harry, you are a source of both inspiration and frustration to me.
You inspire me to shoot better at longer distances by proving that it is possible to shoot these tiny groups at ranges that I thought an air rifle would never reach, let alone be accurate at! :o
Then you frustrate me because you seem to be able to do at 100 yards what I am finding dificult at less than 50 yards! :)
But anyway, just keep doing what you are doing, another few years and I might just be nearly as good as you, then I'll be happy. :D
Have a safe and happy new year,
Dennis.
Yrrah
.204 Ruger
Favourite Cartridge: .25 JSB King

A good rifle and compatible pellets is hard to toss.........

Post by Yrrah »

Hilly wrote:Harry, you are a source of both inspiration and frustration to me.
You inspire me to shoot better at longer distances by proving that it is possible to shoot these tiny groups at ranges that I thought an air rifle would never reach, let alone be accurate at! :o
Then you frustrate me because you seem to be able to do at 100 yards what I am finding dificult at less than 50 yards! :)
But anyway, just keep doing what you are doing, another few years and I might just be nearly as good as you, then I'll be happy. :D
Have a safe and happy new year,
Dennis.
Dennis it's 85 % the rifle and the pellets; 10 % the opportunity to shoot when the conditions are conducive to good grouping.
We are off to the farm early in the morning for a couple of weeks to cut the lavender crop and do some jobs. I hope to get some shooting time. Have detuned my Excalibre down to 13 fpe, 610 fps with Exacts. I hope to see what can be done at long range with it. Should hold interest for a session or three :-) .... Kind regards, Harry.
native hunter
.270 Winchester
Favourite Cartridge: .22lr

Post by native hunter »

g'day
yarrah
In Talks with Lewis now ,More to follow.!!!
Regards
Damien Webb.
native hunter
.270 Winchester

Post by native hunter »

Dont mean to rain on ya parade ,But I think better can be done.!!!
JEEZ I have put my foot in it now.!!!!!
Wanna see what we can do.??????
Regards
Damien Webb.
Set the challenge.!!!
Last edited by native hunter on Fri Jan 04, 2008 7:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
native hunter
.270 Winchester

Post by native hunter »

OK ,
for to long we have seen what you can do Yarrah, Is there anyone out there that can match you.????
Surely there are airgunners that can shoot up to your standard.
Put him to rest.see what we can do .
Regards
Damien Webb.
No di-srespect intended..!!!!
Last edited by native hunter on Fri Jan 04, 2008 7:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
daisy
.308 Winchester
Favourite Cartridge: 7-08

Post by daisy »

My best to date with my Excalibre 22 . The pellets were right out of the tin.
I know Harry does alot of sorting of pellets at times.

I may have a chance to have another go at 100m in a few days when I go testing some loads for my 7-08.

ps You should see what Yrrah has shot with his Sheridan

Daisy