Never buying another airgun!

Predator

Never buying another airgun!

Post by Predator »

Unless its from Beeman Precision Airguns. :twisted:

Picked up my Baikal IZH-61 today, took it home, pressed the trigger AND THE BLOODY THING WAS COCKED! Dry Fired.

Whats worse is who knows how long it was cocked for? The thing was in storage ever since I put down the deposit and I know it wasn't cocked when I said "yes, I'll take it" because I played with the trigger before they put it away/took it out the back...

So what do you guys think? Should I take it back and get another? Strip it and change the spring (it came with a spare) or just let it go this time round?
michael_123

Post by michael_123 »

ahhh yes i would only ever buy any airgun from lewis cant beat his service!!! :D
ChrisPer

Post by ChrisPer »

Just use it. It may have been cocked in the shop the day you got the permit to them!

If you have access to achronograph, check velocity, and decide; but its quite likely that you won't be able to identify any explicit consequence. Just get a velocity and compare with the advertised figure, and if it is 40% less claim a new spring under warranty.

(15% less would probably just be the usual fakery quotient, where they get the advertised velocity with a light, fast pellet).
native hunter
.270 Winchester
Favourite Cartridge: .22lr

Post by native hunter »

Two words
TIGHT ASS
500Nitro
.222 Remington
Favourite Cartridge: 500Nitro

Re: Never buying another airgun!

Post by 500Nitro »

Predator wrote:Unless its from Beeman Precision Airguns. :twisted:

Picked up my Baikal IZH-61 today, took it home, pressed the trigger AND THE BLOODY THING WAS COCKED! Dry Fired.

Whats worse is who knows how long it was cocked for? The thing was in storage ever since I put down the deposit and I know it wasn't cocked when I said "yes, I'll take it" because I played with the trigger before they put it away/took it out the back...

So what do you guys think? Should I take it back and get another? Strip it and change the spring (it came with a spare) or just let it go this time round?

Predator,

You want to know what's worse ?

You pulling the trigger on the firearm without looking at it
first and seeing 1, if it was empty and 2, that it was cocked.
Predator

Re: Never buying another airgun!

Post by Predator »

500Nitro wrote:
Predator,

You want to know what's worse ?

You pulling the trigger on the firearm without looking at it
first and seeing 1, if it was empty and 2, that it was cocked.
1. it was empty, magazine not inserted, can't check if theres a pellet in the barrel however

2. How was I to know its cocked or not? There is no way of checking... hence looking at it involved pulling the trigger

3. I'm only worried cus people make a big deal about dry firing. If its not a big deal let me know so I can do it all the time for the fun of it ;)

Anyway, spoke with the shop, after the standard apologies they said to shoot it and if it plays up, bring it in. I'm thinking of getting a chrony anyway to keep tabs on my rifles.

Anyway, about the rifle:

It was shooting shit house, so I went over it and tightened the screws. The barrel was actually loose and wobbled within the front support. Tightened that down and its shooting rather well for a cheapie! Highly recommended for short range fun. I'll post a review and groups when I've had more time with it.

She is now officially "Black Betty" the can popper :P

Last edited by Predator on Fri Dec 07, 2007 6:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Predator

Post by Predator »

native hunter wrote:Two words
TIGHT ASS
Thankyou... Loose Arse

:lol:
native hunter
.270 Winchester
Favourite Cartridge: .22lr

Post by native hunter »

G'Day
Thanks.
It sure does look the goods though.!!
Regards
Damien Webb.
Predator

Post by Predator »

Make no mistake, it doesn't compare to my Lewis tuned R9 in terms of quality and solid weight but it sure is fun popping off 5 quick shots and busting up the cans.

I'm thinking of mounting a red dot sight on it... the open sights aren't that great for accuracy, but a scope would be overkill and wouldn't even fit.
ausferals

Post by ausferals »

loose arse :D :D :D