AIR RIFLE QUESTIONS, AS MANY PEOPLE ANSWER AS POSSIBLE

Predator

Post by Predator »

That tuned R9 is shooting really well now Lewis, I only have to aim within the first mildots to shoot between 8 and 55 metres :D

Although I don't think this would be possible with .20 or .22

What sort of speed does an Hw100 get in .22?
Lewis Reinhold
300 Win Mag

Post by Lewis Reinhold »

Great news! Thank you.
Most HW100's in .22 shoot 850FPS with JSB Exact and 750 with Kodiaks.
Expect 26 to 28FP.
Lewis
spana

Re: AIR RIFLE QUESTIONS, AS MANY PEOPLE ANSWER AS POSSIBLE

Post by spana »

Karve wrote:
Knackers wrote: A few months ago a mate bought his son a Gamo CFX on aquiring his junior permit. FMD these things hit hard, and they are a cheapy, I'm wondering what a real good quality one can do?.
Hey Knackers,

I own a CFX and I totally agree on both counts, cheap and hard hitting, just check the pic (the bugger didn't even kick!) :wink: :D The only real downfall I've found is the weight. The thing weighs more than my Brno and no sling :shock:

I'd still prefer a nice beeman and remember, you do get what you pay for.....hmmmm....the day will come :wink:

Pete.

im the mates son who got brought the cfx

there awesome to shoot, and the olny thing is the
weight and there is no way to put a sling on them

I love them and would recomend the to anyone
Tasco

Post by Tasco »

Mate I always go over the top with everything, I shoot a p70Ft with a 40 power loui on my A/R, but if you can wait longer and save up the money buy a HW100 in .22, you can do anything with it. I don't think there is any bunnie that would get away with in 80 meters and you can shoot any of the SSAA air rifle events with it as well. If I I could only buy one air rifle it would be the HW 100.
Chris L
.22 WMR

Post by Chris L »

HW100 for sure.

Mine is the thumb hole stock in .22, and will never be sold.

The same goes for the best all-round springer - the R9 in .20.

Chris
billy26

Post by billy26 »

Hey Knackers,
Good to see your looking into ARs, there heaps of fun and the neighbourhood won't get upset about it. I recently went through the process of buying one (upgrading from an old plinker) and was really amazed by the range available. I settled on a Gamo for the balance of price, power and accuracy. I haven't shot an AR over $500 but i'm sure as price increases, rifles become much more refined, so it depends what your after.
Have a look around because there are heaps of options available, and there's gonna be one that'll suit you.
tikka
.223 Remington
Favourite Cartridge: spud gun!!!

Post by tikka »

Hi fellas

What's the Diana model 34 like in .177 compared to the R9 or cfx, that's if the Diana mod 34 is still available these days??

Regards

Geoff
Lewis Reinhold
300 Win Mag

Post by Lewis Reinhold »

Go the R9 every time.Superb German build quality,the incredible Rekord trigger etc.
Ask an owner!
Chris L
.22 WMR

Post by Chris L »

Fired most of the Dianas, but own R9s.

Pretty much sums it up - Chris
ausferals

Post by ausferals »

.22 may have a lower speed but has more hitting power