G'day! New member.

danny_h69
Favourite Cartridge: .357

G'day! New member.

Post by danny_h69 »

I apologise if this is in the wrong section... I did have a look (kinda).

Quick "G'day!"
I have traveled from "... the odder side Babylon..." as it was getting rather lonely over there when it comes to AR's (not to be mistaken for the other AR's...). I haven't been putting any lead downrange for a while and I am starting to get back into the fun of the Dark Side (cue Darth Vader music). So looking forward to learning new things and sharing some of the things I have learned.

Cheers

Dan
Camel
Ultimate AusVarminter
Favourite Cartridge: 20-222 6x47 rem, 250

Re: G'day! New member.

Post by Camel »

G'day back at ya Dan, you will find a good bunch of blokes on here. Don't be afraid to jump right in and enjoy the fun and banter. Are you a normal shooter, as well as one that dabbles in the pfft pffts ? :D
The Raven
Ultimate AusVarminter
Favourite Cartridge: .270 Win

Post by The Raven »

Welcome aboard!
trevort
Spud Gun
Favourite Cartridge: Tater

Post by trevort »

Welcome!
grmkc
.220 Swift
Favourite Cartridge: 204 Ruger

Post by grmkc »

Ah, you found the old crew from the "Dark side". Welcome to the Darker side. :mrburns: :mrburns:
danny_h69
Favourite Cartridge: .357

Post by danny_h69 »

Thanks for the replies everyone. I've been away for the week with the missus in hospital. I haven't been shooting at all for some time due to my own ill-health.

I was shooting pistols but sold them as I wasn't getting to the range at all (see above). Actually I managed to trade them in for a brand new shiny Rossi 92 .357 lever in stainless and some cash on top. Unfortunately I haven't fired a shot yet... soon...

My collection includes a CBC122 .22lr, Tikka T3 Hunter .243, Weihrauch HW97K .22 & Benjamin Marauder .22.

The CBC122 was cheap and pretty roughly made but surprisingly accurate. That being said I want a Lithgow Arms rifle in the stable (I'm sure I can fit one more in the safe :wink: ) I just haven't decided on what calibre. Plus I'm still trying to save the $$$.

The immediate plan is to get Benji back in the game. I have fitted the bStaley 3-o'ring hammer de-bouncer tuner thingy, but didn't get to try it out before going to hospital. Also bought some new H&N Barra's with 5.53 heads... I had good success with a really flat shot string using the Barra's but didn't note down the head size. I think they might have been 5.52, but I'm not sure.

I'm interested to see what the new 'tune' does with the Barra's. I'll post the results for s&@ts and giggles - and in case anyone's interested. :)

Cheers
Dan
Attachments
Barra2012.png