Cometa .20 pellets: suggested retailers?

SteveR
Favourite Cartridge: 6.5x55

Cometa .20 pellets: suggested retailers?

Post by SteveR »

G'day guys,

I just purchased another rifle in .20... and am thinking I should stock up on pellets. Can anyone suggest a stockist of JSB pellets, which internet wisdom says will suit the new rifle well?

I am aware of Potter Firearms but that is all.

Buying in bulk would be good, as I know ACME does for H&N pellets.

Does anyone have an option re the ongoing availability of .20 pellets? I assume there are enough out there but I did read, again on US websites which I take with the proverbial grain of salt, that since the demise of the real Beeman the .20 calibre may slowly follow. I hope not.
Lewis Reinhold
300 Win Mag

Re: Cometa .20 pellets: suggested retailers?

Post by Lewis Reinhold »

Hi Steve
Potters' are the JSB importers. I handed the agency to them when I departed.

The best pellets in the RX/RX1 .20 were Beeman Kodiaks at 13.34 gns. Crosman Premier and the JSB were too fat for the bore.

I noticed in the last batches of HW .20 barrels that they swallowed the JSB's easily and the Kodiaks were loose. The JSB's at 13.73 gns generated the best energy in R1 R9 and RX2

I suspect your RX2 may have the larger bore and it will love the JSB's. It needs this weight of pellet. The Crow Magnum will work OK too at 12.8 gns for close range work only.

Lewis
stinkitup
.338 Lapua Magnum

Post by stinkitup »

The R9 on its way up to Lewis in .20 was tight for JSB's like Lewis said but always shot them well. I found the F&TT pellets just to shoot better but you could shoot predators, jsb exacts, crow magnums, HTT's and all were accurate enough for Mynahs and rats around the place. HTT's and Exacts once it was 25m or more. What power are the RX"s.

Ryan
SteveR

Post by SteveR »

Thanks guys, Appreciate the effort in providing such comprehensive advice. Looking at the cost per 500 and the bore size issue, looks like it's JSB for me. They were good in my R9 also, but I now use FTT due to running out of the JSBs.

I believe from reading US sites that the rx2 would be around 20 FPE if sensibly charged, but again I suggest we defer to Lewis for the facts backed up by personal experience.

I'm pretty stoked to finally have a gas ram rifle, and the rx is a bit of an interesting twist on the hw90 I had always wanted 'one day'. Well, I should say will have when PTA and rifle arrive.
fenring

Post by fenring »

Hi mate, I got a bunch of .20 Kodiaks off Lewis a while ago, happy to shout you a tin if you PM me.

My Sheridan loves them.
SteveR

Post by SteveR »

Lewis Reinhold wrote:Hi Steve
Potters' are the JSB importers. I handed the agency to them when I departed.

The best pellets in the RX/RX1 .20 were Beeman Kodiaks at 13.34 gns. Crosman Premier and the JSB were too fat for the bore.

I noticed in the last batches of HW .20 barrels that they swallowed the JSB's easily and the Kodiaks were loose. The JSB's at 13.73 gns generated the best energy in R1 R9 and RX2

I suspect your RX2 may have the larger bore and it will love the JSB's. It needs this weight of pellet. The Crow Magnum will work OK too at 12.8 gns for close range work only.

Lewis
I entered the serial number into an online HW serial no. Database and it came up with a date of mfr of around 1998. Put in th serial of my hw80 and it did give a correct date for that one, so it may be a 98 vintage model?
SteveR

Post by SteveR »

It has arrived!

The pellets most generously donated by Fenring are a firm fit,can't wait to test them over the chrony and at distance for accuracy.

I'm loving the RX-2. It seems in great mechanical condition for a circa '98 model.

Thanks again all for your advice. Once I can work it out I'll post some photos.
stinkitup
.338 Lapua Magnum

Post by stinkitup »

My r9 shot the Kodiaks/Barracudas pretty good. I believe the rx2 should have more grunt than my r9 so should shoot the heavier pills well.

Crow magnums are great on rats out to 25m :twisted: