FX Impact

msbobcat14
Favourite Cartridge: N/A

FX Impact

Post by msbobcat14 »

Has anyone seen, tried or bought the new FX Impact. Somewhat pricey but the interchangeable barrels could offset some of the cost although they are about $600 each!
Seddo
.338 Lapua Magnum
Favourite Cartridge: Creedmoor

Re: FX Impact

Post by Seddo »

They look pretty cool. I'm not a AR person but ive always wanted a royale. I might have to have a look at the impact.
daisy
.308 Winchester
Favourite Cartridge: 7-08

Post by daisy »

I have one of the first FX guns to hit our shores. The FX 2000 type, mine is a RWS Excalibre and I doubt I'll ever sell it. It has shot moa at 100 m in good conditions.
Over the years FX have made a lot of different air guns and opinions have varied on their performance.
So do some research on which model you like and see if it will suet your needs.
grmkc
.220 Swift
Favourite Cartridge: 204 Ruger

Post by grmkc »

Take all the info you get from the overseas reviews with a large grain of salt guys. What we get will not be what you see on the reviews. They will be highly modified to comply with Australian Custom requirements. A mate of mine has bought one. Expected to have it in June. I'll be all over it and provide some feedback after that.

I have a Gen 1 Royale as the benchmark, and I've played with quite a few of the Fx range including the Wildcat.

I urge you guys to be patient. You'll be purchasing a great big unknown otherwise. A few not so complementary reports are starting to pop up.

And, Seddo, your gut feeling is pointing you in the right direction. I reckon that's the rifle to have from the entire Fx range.
msbobcat14
Favourite Cartridge: N/A

Post by msbobcat14 »

I have a Mk1 Bobcat .22 which is my favourite and have recently bought a .177 Royale 400 which is another great rifle. So far no problems with either.

You are right in saying beware of overseas reviews as the specs are obviously different to what we get.

There would appear to have been some issues with the initial release in the states but do not know if they have been fixed on the Oz spec.

FX range is expensive but they are good quality
PCP22nate
Favourite Cartridge: PCP

Post by PCP22nate »

FX Impact, when you receive it will not have the full shroud that can be extended if necessary , like the overseas models for making it very quiet the Aussie version will have only the barrel and a muzzle brake on the end, makes it have abit of a "bark" when fired but still fairly quiet.
I've got a Wildcat in .22 which I've had a carbon shroud put on the barrel, you can also get for the Impact, IMO makes it look abit better,
Also have a Royale 400 .22 walnut, that's had the silencing shroud takin off before coming to Australia it now just has a muzzle brake attached. Both my FX guns have been excellent very accurate with no problems so far,
The impact looks great, so many options too.
curan
.338 Lapua Magnum
Favourite Cartridge: 30/30

Post by curan »

PCP22nate wrote:FX Impact, when you receive it will not have the full shroud that can be extended if necessary , like the overseas models for making it very quiet the Aussie version will have only the barrel and a muzzle brake on the end, makes it have abit of a "bark" when fired but still fairly quiet.
I've got a Wildcat in .22 which I've had a carbon shroud put on the barrel, you can also get for the Impact, IMO makes it look abit better,
Also have a Royale 400 .22 walnut, that's had the silencing shroud takin off before coming to Australia it now just has a muzzle brake attached. Both my FX guns have been excellent very accurate with no problems so far,
The impact looks great, so many options too.
Welcome to the forum PCP22nate. Good first post!
Sniggy
Favourite Cartridge: 177 Pellet

Post by Sniggy »

grmkc wrote:Take all the info you get from the overseas reviews with a large grain of salt guys. What we get will not be what you see on the reviews. They will be highly modified to comply with Australian Custom requirements. A mate of mine has bought one. Expected to have it in June. I'll be all over it and provide some feedback after that.

I have a Gen 1 Royale as the benchmark, and I've played with quite a few of the Fx range including the Wildcat.

I urge you guys to be patient. You'll be purchasing a great big unknown otherwise. A few not so complementary reports are starting to pop up.

And, Seddo, your gut feeling is pointing you in the right direction. I reckon that's the rifle to have from the entire Fx range.
Geoff, did you ever get to play with this?

Steve
grmkc
.220 Swift

Post by grmkc »

Yes mate. Three. All I'm going to say is "It's a $3,500 gun". Not a rifle as such. There are many other Value for Money purchases. It's not a standout. IMHO. Save the extra $1,200 and buy the Royale 400, 500 or Boss.

Give us a buzz if you want my low down on the Impact Steve. Rather not post for legal reasons.
flmath
Favourite Cartridge: 22 hornet

Post by flmath »

A nice video showing the manufacture of the impact. :hunting:
https://youtu.be/rv5CwjRAwuc
JWD
.17 HMR
Favourite Cartridge: .177

Post by JWD »

One of our members had one at the last Hornsby FT shoot. Seemed nice (if you like tactical style), had loads of power settings and attachment points
20160917_131517_resized.jpg
20160917_130059_resized-2.jpg
20160917_130053_resized-2.jpg
Ol 55
.308 Winchester
Favourite Cartridge: 20 PPC

Post by Ol 55 »

A mate of mine from the central coast has one in 25 and 177 he has just started to do some velocity testing very adjustable still early days but trust me he will find out what it is capable of
Cheers
Ol 55
Seddo
.338 Lapua Magnum

Post by Seddo »

I sold one if my 22's and I'm thinking about having a look at one.
grmkc
.220 Swift

Post by grmkc »

Seddo wrote:I sold one if my 22's and I'm thinking about having a look at one.
Stay with your gut feeling and go the Royale Seddo. Tried and tested, reliable and accurate.
Seddo
.338 Lapua Magnum

Post by Seddo »

It's not an option now, none expected in the country until February. I've been told by a few people that they have said a few months to before and it turned out toany times that.