Hammerli 850 gas options?

britto
Favourite Cartridge: 223

Hammerli 850 gas options?

Post by britto »

I just picked up a hammerli 850 that runs on the 88g co2 cinders. I bought this planning on using it pretty much for plincking however I have now calculated the cost of gas and I think the .22 rimfire would actually be more economical. I have read about pcp conversions and also adaptors to fit the 12g co2 canisters. Is anyone in the know with these? I dont really like the idea of adding a scuba tank to it however the twin 12g canister adaptor seems like a good comprise ( apart from the price). I prefere to make rather than buy if possible so any DIY gas systems that might suit me please reply below. ta
grmkc
.220 Swift
Favourite Cartridge: 204 Ruger

Re: Hammerli 850 gas options?

Post by grmkc »

I understand the 850 can be converted to take bulk CO2 and I will PM you with the name of the guy who is the "Man".

The limitation with CO2 was the reason Hammerli/Walther tightened the specification and modified the 850 to the 1250, which was HPA fueled. The pressure tolerances is very different between the two so be very mindful of the dangers of modifying the 850.

I am going to stick my neck out there and say that you would be better off selling the 850 whilst it's still 'new' and replace it with a Weihrauch springer. Springers are stand alone ARs and only need pellets to be fed. You can plink, hunt, target shoot, etc with self sufficiency.

And to those who say that Springers don't have enough grunt for hunting; Bollocks. I'm sure we can also organise to meet so you can have a shot at one of my many springers just to experience it.

BTW. You're up early!!
britto

Post by britto »

Being a shift worker I can be found lurking any time of the day. Don't worry I will be all tucked in latter in the day.
Usually I do a fair bit of research before I buy things like this and may have gone a different direction if I was a little more knowledgeable about air rifles. In this case the price was good and I dont think I will be out of pocket if I do end up on selling.
You are right though for what it will be used for a springer would have been a better option.
britto

Post by britto »

After a bit of looking around I have found you are able to get a pin valve attachment for the disposable 88g co2 tanks which makes them refillable $20 US. Can fill from standard co2 cylinders like paint ball which are fairly cheap. Doesn't seem to be much stuff in AU for air guns I found these from the US

Adapter to make disposable refillable
https://www.bakerairguns.com/product/ai ... adapter-b/

Attachment to fill 88g from bulk co2
https://www.bakerairguns.com/product/multi-tip-adapter/

I think I may go this route rather than shelling out $25 for 200 shot cylinder
grmkc
.220 Swift
Favourite Cartridge: 204 Ruger

Post by grmkc »

Get in touch with Havoc. He has been involved in paintballing and operating fields since I was a pup. If there something he doesn't know, it's not worth knowing.