number of fills calculator- anyone know of a link for one??

ogre6br
300 Win Mag
Favourite Cartridge: 6.5x55 or 6BR

number of fills calculator- anyone know of a link for one??

Post by ogre6br »

Hi
I'm trying to find a link for something that will tell me the number off fills you can get from a scuba tan at a certain size and pressure.

I am trying to work out the capacity of a tank I have here
it's a
CROSSFIRE 68/4500 TANK
* 68 cubic inches
* 4500 psi max fill

How many CUft does that convert out to??

I want to convert the ASA fitting on the top of the bottle to a K yoke so i can fir my Excaliber fill adapter on to it.
Can anyone help in how to do that??

I also want to ask Lewis what size is the built in tank on my Excaliber??
I have googled this and come up with a lot of positive reviews on the Excaliber- but no where that lists the tanks capacity.

THanks
later
p
Lewis Reinhold
300 Win Mag

Post by Lewis Reinhold »

Hi P,
Try http://www.airhog.com
They have one.
I can't remember what the capacity is.Will try to remember.
Lewis
ogre6br
300 Win Mag

Post by ogre6br »

thank you found it
on the page there
http://www.airhog.com/tank.htm
Is a link to various AG's tank sizes

So I chose the Webly FX 200 as they are close aren't they??

A few CC in tank size either way isn't going to make a radical difference in number of fills

Thanks
later
p
Lewis Reinhold
300 Win Mag

Post by Lewis Reinhold »

Same action P.
Yrrah
.204 Ruger
Favourite Cartridge: .25 JSB King

Re: number of fills calculator- anyone know of a link for on

Post by Yrrah »

The Excalibre reservoir is near enough to 200 cc ( 203 cc from memory ).

Scuba tanks over about 230 bar should not have a yolk type fitting. Yours is a 300 bar by the looks. My Dive shop tells me it is illegal. Lewis should be able to supply you with a DIN fitting complete with micro hose and probe for the Excalibre... But I can't see what the fitting is on that tank.

Where did you get the tank? ....... Kind regards, Harry.
ogre6br
300 Win Mag

Post by ogre6br »

Its not a scuba tank but a paint ball marker tank for fast firing US guns. it's not really designed for breathing work- though the fire departments do use a carbon fiber tank of similar design in their breathing gear.

It works on max fill pressure of 310 bar (approx 4500 psi) limited by the red or blue internal regulator to about 320 red or 200 blue psi output for paint ball markers.

I want to fit another regulator that limits the tanks output to 205 BAR and a yoke to suit my fill adaptor or if it's easier I'll get a din fitting off Lewis-but I'd like to use what I have if I can.

The tank is about the size of a plastic 2 litre of milk- bit fatter and weights SFA.

I am trying to track down what it actually carries in volume at the 4500 FPS but the bottle lists on the side of it as 68 CU inch raw capacity.
Thats listed as not at pressure but raw liquid volume.
Even converting 68 cubic inch it gives me close to 1200 cc which is 6 full fills (using your 200cc listed size) for the Excall and 10 or so part fills. (200 bar down to 160 and back up again)

I asked Lewis to set my excaliber up to give a good power over a good number of shots instead of max powder over a smaller number of shots- he suggested and I agreed on 20 FPE as a nice figure
I have 3 magazines and when those 3 are empty I refill up to 200 bar again- it means I'm shooting all my shots in a 40 bar range as I don't drop below 160 bar in using the 3 magazines.

3x8 = 24 x 10 fills = 240 shots at full power is a huge amount of shooting for me.
It also will mean I don't have to carry around a 90 CUft mongrel of a tank.
I can fit this tank into my hard case that the Excally is kept in.

I will look into what you say about a yoke fitting being placed on a 300 bar tank and if I need to get a din fitting I'll get one off Lewis.

Lewis can the yoke fitting be unscrewed off this fill adaptor and a DIN fitting added or do I need a whole new fill adaptor?? I hope not........
Lewis can you tell me the thread of the yoke fitting into the valve assembly please

Thanks
later
P