Lewis Reinhold
300 Win Mag

Post by Lewis Reinhold »

I'm glad he did!
We work well together.
Karve

Post by Karve »

Hey Hair Bear,

Personally I'm finding the Air Rifle very handy at the moment as I have just gained access to four adjoined "hobby farms" and with the reduced noise I won't annoy any neighbors (and hopefully gain further access to their properties aswell :wink: ) but couldn't give up my powder burners. I currently own a Brno mod 5 .22 rimfire and a rossi coach 12 gauge shottie aswell as the Gamo CFX .22 Air rifle. They come in very handy during my camping/hunting trips in the state forests east of Melbourne.

I still use the BRNO occationally on smaller properties with either Long Z's (only a touch louder than the Air rifle) or Sub-sonics to great effect as the propertiy owners want the bunnies, cats and foxes eradicated completely, not just selectively hunted. The extra bullet weight of the .22 RF can give me the edge even though the majority of shots taken are under 35 mtrs. I fear that the Air rifle might not have enough punch to drop a fox thats a little shy and won't get too close.

For the record, if that .204 comes up for sale I would be interested in it.

Happy hunting,

Karve. :D :D :D
Lewis Reinhold
300 Win Mag

Post by Lewis Reinhold »

Karve,
Would you like to try some FTS in the CFX?
Lewis
Karve

Post by Karve »

I will definately give them a go through her Lewis, it would be greatly appreciated. I have had some great results using Gamo Pellets (as that is what my local gun shop stocks) and the round-nose will hit 600+ pages in a phone book aswell as grouping tightly. I also have some hollow point pellets where the shock-wave is prominent in the phone-book test. I'm yet to test those on live game but wouls appreciate anything I can get my hands on at the moment. :D :D :D

Regards,

Karve. :D
Lewis Reinhold
300 Win Mag

Post by Lewis Reinhold »

You will love FTS.Please PM an address and I'll send you some to try.
Karve

Post by Karve »

Hey Lewis,

I received the FTS pellets today, a welcome surprise after an expensive bike service :shock: I tested a couple in the phonebook and have to say that I am very impressed with both accuracy and penetration. The pellets held their shape very well and hit 600 pages too! Hopefully this Saturday night I'll get the chance to field test them and provide a few happy snaps to boot :wink:

Thank you Lewis for the samples, once again it is truly appreciated and you were right, I do love them :D

Regards,

Pete. :D :D :D
Predator

Post by Predator »

haha, i'm gonna try this phone book test :)
Karve

Post by Karve »

Its a great way to tell what a pellet or bullet is going to do. My friend put me on to it a few years back when I bought my .22 RF. They also make great archery targets :wink:

Pete. :D :D :D