Diana model 16

ogre6br
300 Win Mag
Favourite Cartridge: 6.5x55 or 6BR

Diana model 16

Post by ogre6br »

What can you guys tell me about one of these.

I was at a dealers yesterday when a bloke came in with an action from a Diana model 16 to get a serial number stamped on it.

he and the dealer were talking about crackerjacks and diana model 16's and the good diana but neither could remember what number the good one was back then.

thanks
later
p
Lewis Reinhold
300 Win Mag

Post by Lewis Reinhold »

It's a little junior model.The first series ran from 1922 to 1949,the second from 1950 to 1985.As far as I know,they were all smooth bores and shot around 350FPS.
The good Diana??Are you talking model or variation eg Gecado?
daisy
.308 Winchester
Favourite Cartridge: 7-08

Post by daisy »

ogre6br
300 Win Mag
Favourite Cartridge: 6.5x55 or 6BR

Post by ogre6br »

Lewis Reinhold wrote: The good Diana??Are you talking model or variation eg Gecado?
the good version of the model 16- one type of model 16 had a cheapo stock and the "good model" had a full sized proper wood stock.
It maynot have been a model 16 but they were avail at the same time as one bloke talked about his uncle giving him the extra for the good model but he decided on the cheap one and some smokes instead.

later
p
Lewis Reinhold
300 Win Mag

Post by Lewis Reinhold »

ogre6br wrote:
Lewis Reinhold wrote: The good Diana??Are you talking model or variation eg Gecado?
the good version of the model 16- one type of model 16 had a cheapo stock and the "good model" had a full sized proper wood stock.
It maynot have been a model 16 but they were avail at the same time as one bloke talked about his uncle giving him the extra for the good model but he decided on the cheap one and some smokes instead.

later
p
The Model 22 was the first of the nice ones.Then Model 25/27/35/50.
fenring

Post by fenring »

Here we go:

http://www.chambersgunmakers.co.uk/Dian ... 20plan.htm

I fixed up a couple of these little guns many years ago for friends - one was a Dianawerk job and had the very dark stained full timber stock like my childhood Gecado Model 22, while the other was a UK version with a much lighter coloured, less figured full wood stock.

Both had smoothbore brass barrels and breech seal on the end of the cylinder as per the Chambers schematic.