Knackers
.338 Lapua Magnum
Favourite Cartridge: .223

Post by Knackers »

YES, Good pussy :lol:
Hilly
.17 HMR

Post by Hilly »

But how did you cook it? :D Waste not, want not.
Good work. :twisted:
Dennis.
pete152
.22 WMR

Post by pete152 »

Hilly wrote:But how did you cook it? :D Waste not, want not.
Good work. :twisted:
Dennis.
Took it to China town. :lol:
Cheers,
Peter
Chris L
.22 WMR

Post by Chris L »

The best looking cat that I have ever seen.

How is Ky these days?

My father and his partner lived in Tonny until he died last year, so I have had a few beers in Ky over the years :D

Chris
HAIR BEAR
.204 Ruger

Post by HAIR BEAR »

G'day all
Thanks for the kind words :D quite proud of this one !!
serious thinking of just hunting with A/R !!! had the .22lr and the .204R there and never got them out of the case ??

G'day Chris L
mate, ky is getting to be a very busy little town !!
Karve

Post by Karve »

Very nice puss puss, those colours would make a great "cat-hat". Bring on the Davie Crocket! :lol: :lol: :lol:

regards,

Karve. :D :D :D
pete152
.22 WMR

Post by pete152 »

Talking of cat hats, how do you actually make them? Do you put a band on the inside to make the shape?
Sorry to hi jack the post :oops:
Cheers,
Peter
Karve

Post by Karve »

I haven't tried as yet, but I have seen one that was stitched (very rough job) out of a couple of tanned skins. Have to say, loved the look of the tail at the back - hence 'Davie Crocket'

I'll have to get the cruiser back on the road as there was a decent popluation in the crown land about an hour from my place where I used to hunt. One really big, black bugger with a beautiful jet-black pelt. Unfortunately I couldn't get close enough for a shot with the .22LR but I know where the bugger lives! :twisted:

Hmmmm.....here puss puss :wink:

Karve.
7mmmag

Post by 7mmmag »

Good one there HB, did the slug take the cat out cleanly?
Dr G
300 Win Mag
Favourite Cartridge: 204 Ruger

Post by Dr G »

Nice shooting Hair Bear

One less moggie and the worlds a smidge nicer to live in
HAIR BEAR
.204 Ruger

Post by HAIR BEAR »

G'day 7mmmag
how are you ?
mate the kill was clean !!
been up to my mates dairy , when he asked if i could fix a cat problem in his hay shed , Well you can't refuse to help :D
was told he had three mongrel cats , two black and white and one ginger moggie ,just leave me one was the order , not a problem !!!
well i found a nice spot to hide in the machinery shed , and as i watched the hay shed ,out pop one, the ginger one ! slinked across the large hay bale and disappeared down a crack between the next bale !! and so it went with said three cats slinking and running from bale to bale !!
Hmmm ?? i can't get a good shot with the R9 at these running targets , need to think about this , so went for a wander around the rest of the dariy , and some sparrows and starlings feeding in a trough !! bugger it will give these some flying lessons with the jbs !! while i think
keeping a eye on the hay shed , from about 80 metres !! still see these cats runnig round
as the sun settled , noticed one cat settling down for a snooze on top of a hay bale , and taught this is the one , gave it about 10-15 minutes to settle right down and began my stalk :D :D
at about 20 metres and theback of the cats head nice and steady in the cross hairs , off went the litle .20 cal pellet , on its mission to make me proud !! that lovely thwak !!! sound we all love to hear !!! but no movement ???? did i hit the cat ?? whats going on ??? cock the gun load another pellet , bring to the shoulder , sight up cat , and it rolls over , no second shot , no twitching ??
lets check this out ? walk over and inspect my prize :D
well ,warm , limp and a leak right in the back off the head where the head meets the spin :D
so to answer the clean kill question , mate i wasin doubt that i actually hit it , but i did :D :D
two more weeks and will be back there for that ginger one !!! :D