how do you find the accuracy ?
got any pics of it ?
just woul like to know and just one of the PCP i like :D

thanks
makrand
.17 HMR
Favourite Cartridge: .223

Post by makrand »

Ironically it looks like I am going to end up with an HW97K now, but not a green one!
Lewis like the gent he is upgraded me to an R1 or one of these cos of the Hair Bear R9 swop.
The R1 seems to be taking forever to get through all the bureaucracy and I haven't got the patience to wait any longer so an HW97K in .20 will be winging its way to me next week.
Wahay.
Truth be told I think the R1 might have been a bit too much power for me as all I am going to be doing is target and plinking, unless a cat wanders by of course.
I've already seeded the property with tin cans in preparation. (thanks Astro)
Picking up a .22 lr on tues too. (CZ452 delux). So it seems the longest wait is soon to be over.
astro

Post by astro »

well an outcome finally....gee it is always a pain having to wait....we know you do your best lewis :D

but the hoops we have to jump through for an AR is rediculas, i am also on a couple of os forum one english and the other US and gee they get it good....mostly....next day delivery, silencers, semi auto.........

well good luck with the 97 mak....personally i recon they look awesome. mine seems to like beeman fts over jbs but still having fun

cheers
HAIR BEAR
.204 Ruger

Post by HAIR BEAR »

G'day makrand
how are you?
well you have just about made it :D well done and congrates :D
and we won't forget Lewis who it seemsto work flat out to help us out
THANKS LEWIS :D
Lewis Reinhold
300 Win Mag

Post by Lewis Reinhold »

Thanks guys!
makrand
.17 HMR
Favourite Cartridge: .223

Post by makrand »

Thanks guys and especially Lewis. :D
Above and beyond as usual.
I may have had to wait a little longer past my PTA turning up, but much more than adequately compensated by Lewis upgrading me to the 97K.
When I first started looking at air rifles in Aus., this was my dream rifle. I was interested in accuracy above all else. Way too expensive for me then though.
You know what Lewis is like. He (and you guys) persuaded me that an R9 was worth stretching for, and as that was only $200 more than I had thought to pay, I went for it.
Then I might as well go for the kit that Lewis offers since I would get a scope sooner or later anyway.
And then of course there is the Maccari kit that makes all the difference!
And now I have ended up with the 97K. Isn't life funny. :lol:

I hope my HW97K likes JSB because I have 3000 of them! :shock:
Thankfully I have 1000 FTS too. 8)

I agree that the law is ridiculous, especially for air arms. ( I have shown my partner the tiny little things that it will shoot (.20) and she was much more relaxed about having a gun in the house.)
I do think there needs to be a gun law and even a cooling off period for the first gun (only), but four months is a little excessive.
But then we see how they have treated some poor guy who gave his SIM card to a cousin because he was leaving the UK and didn't need it any more. Three weeks in prison seems a little excessive for that.
I feel a rant coming on. Best stop here.