Hi guys, newbie here

Gavin NZ

Hi guys, newbie here

Post by Gavin NZ »

Just thought I would say hi and let you know how much help these forums have been as a means of educating myself about PCPs etc as I consider my first purchase.

I have been browsing through the old forum site for the last few days and have now just joined up on here.

Not sure what its like in Aussi but here in NZ its not easy to find really good quality Air Arms as most of the shops only stock the basic run of the mill stuff, and sure they can get some of the good stuff in if you order it but generally they don't know much about it themselves. And most of the wholesalers of any good brands don't want to talk directly to you and don't have stocks on hand anyway. So you would be pretty much be ordering blind if you could not read all the info etc in forums like these.

Having said that there is a very helpfull guy here who imports the FX range (mag air) and that is more than likely where i will be purchasing from.

Basically so far I have narrowed my purchase to either a FX cyclone or a HW100. I think I would like either of these however are leaning toward the FX as it will primarily be a hunting thing. Although because of this I'm also considering the Korean Evenix but havn't really been able to get enough info to reassure myself of its quality and ability to shoot anything lighter than the really heavy (and expensive here!) korean pellets really well. The rifle though is quite well priced

Any thoughts you guys might have on this would be very welcome.

One thing that really stands out in your guys forum is the helpfullness of everybody, particularly Lewis. Sure hes selling a bit of gear thru here but it must take him hours to answer all the posts, and the replys are always of value.

haha....infact Lewis seems extra helpfull after having spoken to the the strange german guy who also sells guns in your country (what a experiance that was!)

regards

gavin
Predator

Post by Predator »

Welcome to the forum!

Something tells me that you'll end up with the FX Cyclone...

I'm pretty sure that it'll be lighter than the HW100 and you won't be worried about damaging the nice wooden stock... and it looks cool too, if you're into that synthetic style.

Here are some reviews :

http://www.reviewcentre.com/reviews3274.html
kjd
Site Admin
Favourite Cartridge: 223Rem

Post by kjd »

Welcome Gavin it would seem you have dealt with Herman he doesn't have a very good rapp here!
HAIR BEAR
.204 Ruger

Post by HAIR BEAR »

G'day Gavin
welcome mate !! :D
i am also starting to do some research on PCP's would hope to get one by xmas :D just not sure .....yet :D
Chris L
.22 WMR

Post by Chris L »

Gavin,

I suggest that you PM Lewis and see what he has used.

I believe that he has an HW100T coming (I have one, and will never sell it), and his prices and warranty are the best in the business.

Chris
Chris L
.22 WMR

Post by Chris L »

Forget PM.

lewisbelinda@yahoo.com is best.

BTW, my youngest daughter has just moved to Dunedin, and desperately wanted to take my HW100T with her :D

Chris
Last edited by Chris L on Sat Jul 07, 2007 6:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lewis Reinhold
300 Win Mag

Post by Lewis Reinhold »

Thanks Chris!
Can I help out Gavin?
Hilly
.17 HMR

Post by Hilly »

Gavin, you will find Lewis a delight to deal with, even if he does sell (me) things I really can't afford, he does it in a way that makes all the pain (of walking because I cannot afford petrol for the car!) and hunger (I need to loose some weight anyway) worthwhile. He knows what he is talking about, only sells things that he knows won't come back and bite him in the hip pocket and charges a fair price.
Dennis.
Chris L
.22 WMR

Post by Chris L »

I refuse to open emails from Lewis that start with "I have a very nice xxxxx"

:D

Chris
Gavin NZ

Post by Gavin NZ »

Haha thanks guys, a healthy sense of humor!

I really like the HW100s and probably could be tempted but as predator said I'm probably going to end up with a FX cyclone as thats the way I'm swinging at the moment as I think its probably going to be more suitable for what I'm actually wanting to do with it.

The HW100s are beautifull for sure and obviously top quality units but I think the synthetic cyclone is probably going to be the better rifle to chuck a sling on, cart around, and not have to worry about the odd scratch etc.

Lewis, I really appreciate the offer.....lol, you don't happen to be able to lay your hands on a cyclone do you? Ah hell but then I would be between a rock and a hard place as I kinda feel obliged to purchase off the Mag-air guy here because has been quite helpfull already.

I am wondering if I should totally disregard the evanix though?

they seem to be for sale everywhere but apart from one or two reviews there dosn't seem to be a lot of people out there that own one??
Lewis Reinhold
300 Win Mag

Post by Lewis Reinhold »

My favourite PCP's are Theobens and HW100's.I love selling them because they are top quality,give little trouble,are great to work on aqnd have best support.
I suggest dealing with MagAir.I only hear good things about them.Handy when you have a problem.
Gavin NZ

Post by Gavin NZ »

Lewis Reinhold wrote:My favourite PCP's are Theobens and HW100's.I love selling them because they are top quality,give little trouble,are great to work on aqnd have best support.
I suggest dealing with MagAir.I only hear good things about them.Handy when you have a problem.
Thanks Lewis I appreciate that, the chap from magair has been very good already and so i feel i probably should give him some bussiness. He has some fx rifles arriving soon.
He also sells the theobens and speaks very highly of them.