FIRST KILL FOR MY R9

HAIR BEAR
.204 Ruger

FIRST KILL FOR MY R9

Post by HAIR BEAR »

G'day all
well here is my first kill with my R9 with beeman ram jet pellets :D Image

took some advise off astro about small window , so off to garage open rear roller door , throw some bread around , oops dog eating bread, hmmm , smaller pieces of bread :idea: now into chair and wait , frist sparrow miss :( second sparrow ,miss :( thrid sparrow ,miss :( think its time for a coffee , hmmm whats am i doing wrong ? look out back yard , he he he more sparrows , alright open sliding door , sneak out , he he he gona get me one this time , ha hah ha , look around house , they all fly off , one sucker on fence , oh its all clear land out the back ,lets go , thawk , hey where did it go ?? look over fence yes !!! collect the little body , hey look honey , its still got food in its mouth , oh and a hole out the back of its head , :D :D
makrand
.17 HMR
Favourite Cartridge: .223

Post by makrand »

good shooting with open sights.
got any local cats?
kjd
Site Admin
Favourite Cartridge: 223Rem

Post by kjd »

Just a warning not to incriminate yourselves with locations fella's!!!

The Farmer must be really happy you got him *WINK* *WINK*
HAIR BEAR
.204 Ruger

Post by HAIR BEAR »

G'day makrand
hey thanks for that !
only local cats would have owners called neighbours !!! could end up with complainants , need to do a door knock soon and find some nice gullies , got a scope off lewis now waiting for the mounts to arrive

hey any one out there that find the beeman ram jets better than jbs ????
i seem to group better with ram jets
Model70
25/06 Remington

Post by Model70 »

Nice work, musta been a hungry little bugga! Cant get the neighbours cats but! I nearly bought myself undone that way when I had me old BSA .22 sportsman pump, the local pusbags where beating up my cooks jack russell for his food till pop, got three different ones then all of a sudden it was in the local newspaper, a photo of one of the owners, at the vet, with the vet, her cat and an X ray of puss showing a fractured leg and a slug.
Simpson
22-250 Remington
Favourite Cartridge: 22-250, 243, 308, ..

Post by Simpson »

keep the food chain going and start feeding the stray cats :twisted:
ant

Post by ant »

HB,
Suppose I'm a bit "pellet blind", will try ramjets this weekend and let you know.
Native Hunter and Plantboy - AR and BR30 at Grafton this Sunday? :twisted:
Lewis Reinhold
300 Win Mag

Post by Lewis Reinhold »

ant wrote:HB,
Suppose I'm a bit "pellet blind", will try ramjets this weekend and let you know.
Native Hunter and Plantboy - AR and BR30 at Grafton this Sunday? :twisted:
Sorry I missed you Anthony! I was trapped in a meeting but got back at 3.45.
Has your email address changed?
Lewis
fenring

Post by fenring »

Awwww, all that power for a poor little sparra? :lol:

Those Ram Jets are great pellets.

If you want to hear a real splat, try some wadcutters or Silver Bears and body shots on sparrows and starlings. A THWOCK sound and a cloud of feathers!
makrand
.17 HMR

Post by makrand »

damn, how come I haven't got any starlings or sparrows here?
Or Indian Mynahs.
When can I expect them to arrive?
(Northern Rivers NSW)
HAIR BEAR
.204 Ruger

Post by HAIR BEAR »

G'day all
Hey makrand
, you should get them soon enough , i know the starlings have really fromed up in folks and should be on the move , indian mynahs , thay seem to like more urban areas ?and sparrows i always taught they where every where ?

Hey Kjd ,
roger that !! and thanks :D
will keep that in mind , how are you going ?

Hey ant
yeah give the ram jets ago , mate i don't know if its only me , but they group better , for me, will see when these mounts come in , maybe scope will change things around

Hey fenring
lot of power , but great fun :D
i have silver bears , and some crow magum , want to try out the wadcutters , just spent to much this month :D

thanks folks
ant

Post by ant »

HB,
Just in from the range. Shooting the R9 at 20 metres, offhand. The Ramjets shot the tightest groups, closely followed by JSB Exacts, Silver Bears,Crow Magnums and Kodiaks. The difference in group size over the complete range was 2.3mm.
I have the R9 sighted in for 25metres on JSB. At 20metres the Crow Magnums were spot on the bullseye, the Kodiaks shot 1 cm low and the others were 1cm high.
Don't know if this helps just my observations. Will need some more JSBs soon Lewis hope there are some in stock.
Ant :twisted:
HAIR BEAR
.204 Ruger

Post by HAIR BEAR »

G'day ant
glad to hear you had a good day trying things out ! i am just waiting on mounts ,should arrive monday , then do some serious testing :D
plantboy

Post by plantboy »

G'day blokes, I find JSBs & ramjets pretty similar out to about 25m. However, at longer ranges the JSBs are far superior. Just my experience with the super R9. :D

No sparrows, starlings or Indian mynahs over my way either Mak. The aforementioned pests only really adapt to urban/semi-urban areas. Unfortunately the nearest mynahs at Nimbin are too smart to venture the few kms to my place. I make do with crows and manage to score the odd bunny and rat. Toads are really no sport whatsoever.
makrand
.17 HMR

Post by makrand »

so we are neighbours then.
We have crows as well but unfortunately I really like them so they're off the menu.
(I like rats too. Once had a load of pet ones. Lovely creatures)
But I've seen wild dogs, cats, bunnies and foxes so that should be fun.
Of course I'll need more than the R9 for that lot but sent off a .22 RM PTA at the same time as the R9 one so may have to see if my finances (or the banks) can stretch to that while I wait for the R9.
Which is the quietest .22RM out there. Any ideas anyone?
I was thinking CZ 452 as they seem to be cheap but good with a 24" barrel to reduce the noise a bit.