The spoon swinger.!!!

native hunter
.270 Winchester
Favourite Cartridge: .22lr

The spoon swinger.!!!

Post by native hunter »

G"Day All
I was tinkering today and came up with this swinger, I have not tried it yet and intend to sit it at 30 mtrs and plink off hand at it.
Suprisingly the spoons look like they will handle it and they swing very freely.
It is made from 10mm rod and square section to suit.
The spoons are quite thick but were a bit hard to weld on but should hold, I welded them with a gasless MIG.
If it falls apart I will just weld others on.
Cost-
Frame=$6
Spoons=$1 from salvos.
Half an hour to throw it together.
Priceless.!!!!
Regards
Damien Webb.Image
astro

Post by astro »

well done...i'll take 5!!! :lol:

wanting to do the same but only 2 spoons but several sets to be permanently in the ground for my ft range...

tried to mow backayard but killed the mower instead... :evil:

cheers
fenring

Post by fenring »

Good one. I made up some spinners for the .22, but will work for the air rifle too. Even has a 12mm thick removable plate for the big stuff.
plantboy

Post by plantboy »

astro wrote:well done...i'll take 5!!! :lol:

wanting to do the same but only 2 spoons but several sets to be permanently in the ground for my ft range...

tried to mow backayard but killed the mower instead... :evil:

cheers
G'day Astro, You do know that Lewis also sells mowers.......... :lol: :lol:
HAIR BEAR
.204 Ruger

Post by HAIR BEAR »

G'day all
i know they are not swingers but here they are any way Image
and for a back stop we used to use a taped up phone book , will stop a high velocity .22 lr no problem at all
astro

Post by astro »

HB: they look excellent, plenty of fun there mate.....
cheers
ant

Post by ant »

HB,
Well done. They look to good to shoot. Have fun :twisted:

Ant
makrand
.17 HMR
Favourite Cartridge: .223

Post by makrand »

very nice.
Would you post instructions if you're not selling them?
I fancy having a go at making them myself.
RayG
22-250 Remington
Favourite Cartridge: 375H&H

Post by RayG »

HAIR BEAR wrote:G'day all
i know they are not swingers but here they are any way Image
and for a back stop we used to use a taped up phone book , will stop a high velocity .22 lr no problem at all
Howdy HB! They look like the BEE KNEES mate! What are the flanges you are using for the target centres? Cheers Ray.
astro

Post by astro »

makrand wrote:very nice.
Would you post instructions if you're not selling them?
I fancy having a go at making them myself.
mak: heres a link to the instructions

http://www.airguns.net/ft.php

cheers
carl
HAIR BEAR
.204 Ruger

Post by HAIR BEAR »

G'day all
to make them is quite simple , got the image's off a site that astro posted as a link , print them out , then cut excess paper and arange pics on some 12 mm ply wood , glued them down , and wait till dry , then jig saw upsidedown in vice with blade pointing up and use like band saw to cut out shape ,PLEASE BE CAREFUL AS VERY EASY TO HURT YOUR SELF DOING THIS , once cut out i paint a clear varnish over them !!
now we get some 3/4 inch washers(can use 20mm but flange area narrower the 3/4 inch ones) ,drill drill 3 small hole to suit small screws thar will retain washer to cut image , spray them red ,i also place screws in to paint them (just looks nicer) after both are dry mount washer in target area ,get 20 mm hole saw and bore through ,
now i use 40 mm hinge on face plate and 40mm long gate hinge on rear trigger so we mount the 40mm standard hinge on bottom of target and mount to base board (i used 12mm ply 125mm wide 200mm long ) say about 30-40 mm from front
now we need some 40mm x 3mm steel strap (i cut up some angle iron into 40mmx40mm squares ) drill 4 small hole in each corner to suit small screws and paint this red
when dry get some 50mm wide strip of ply , the lenght to go from base board to just past top of target hole (i measure to centre of hole then add 20mm ) screw on striker plate and screw on the back at bottom the 40mm long gate hinge ,then i lined up the edge of striker plate with back edge of target hinge in line with target hole and screw down
this target uses a resistance type catch for this i used a piece of 5mm dia rod cut to 50mm long , and a piece of 12mm ply cut to 25mmx50mm
drilled to hole to mount piece on target back and in centre of(25mmx50mm) i drilled a 4 mm dia at about 15 degree angle
then tap rod into centre hole at angle and screw to back of target face so that when both target and striker arm are verticle the topof striker is touching the rod
now we mount spring at back of target to base board ,
now its nearly done , it should work when all is laying down you should just push striker up and it should stay up till you push a pencil through hole and drop striker and off it goes
now we need to screw in a stop and adjuster screw which i put about 40 mm off base board and to one side of striker face, screw into striker arm , till it touches the target face when it is in the set position ,
now we drill a hole through front face of target about 40mm and in line with centre of striker arm pass string thruogh hole and attach to striker arm
all thats left is drill hole to suit pegs that you are going to use to secure to ground
and have fun :D
will post side profile of targets in morning
or if you like i can work out a price and make you some

sorry for any spelling mistakes its been a very busy day at work and its 1 in the morning
Chrispy
.17 HMR
Favourite Cartridge: 221 Furball

Post by Chrispy »

I tried the link, but got a dead end
makrand
.17 HMR
Favourite Cartridge: .223

Post by makrand »

astro wrote:mak: heres a link to the instructions

http://www.airguns.net/ft.php

cheers