Wildcats.

Talk about your Varmint Rifles and other firearms here!
kjd
Site Admin
Favourite Cartridge: 223Rem

Wildcats.

Post by kjd »

Has anyone thought of an interesting wildcat that they haven't heard of before?

I dont mean silly things like a 204-378 wby or anything but something you think would work and work well that hasn't been done?
Kenny
6mm Remington
Favourite Cartridge: 6mmPPC

Post by Kenny »

Hmmmm........I think most of the wildcats have been well and truly done, apart from the barrel burning super poopers which would require a projectile that could hack the speed.........

Maybe that should be the next innovation a projie that can take up to 7k fps :D and a ceramic lined tube that lasts more than 3000 shots :D I'm dreamin' I know :lol:

It's not a wildcat but....for me the 'caseless' round holds some attraction, maybe using a 'solid' type of propellant or air/gas powered with a mag you just tip a pack of pills in and shoot :D Jeez imagine a 6mm air rifle that throws a 75 grainer at 4000fps ........ tune it by pressure and a 'by the thou' adjustable 'bolt' face .....gawd dreamin' again :roll: :D

KY
kjd
Site Admin
Favourite Cartridge: 223Rem

Post by kjd »

just design a safe tank that can hold 60, 000 psi safely and you're set :lol: :lol: :lol:
Sam Walker
.222 Remington

Post by Sam Walker »

.20 K Hornet....I know a lot of people have no time for the Hornet but in WA(where I'm from) it was popular for shooter on small properties, and my 1st centrefire. Now I live in the NT and have no use for a bunny gun but maybe one day...
Archfile
.17 HMR

Post by Archfile »

I Agree, i;d like to see caseless rounds, or high speed projectiles, liquid propellant.

When you think about it, the use of solid fuel is somewhat more complicated and i imagine less safe, imagine what you'd have to go thru to use powder in the car engine, the liquid fuel makes alot more sense, same deal with the firearm in some ways, especially for fully automatic ones, other than the projectile and any exhaust gas there is no need to move much of the action, or carry any extra parts (primers, cases etc - all throw away weight)

-Arch