The time has come

Talk about your Varmint Rifles and other firearms here!
Richta
.17 HMR
Favourite Cartridge: 223

The time has come

Post by Richta »

After everybody's advice and judging by the quality of my cz 22 rimfire i decided to save that little bit more and buy the cz 527 varmint kevlar over the tikka t3. I found a good store in adelaide that will transfer it cheaply which leaves me around $600 dollars for a quality scope (thinking bushnell 4200 4 - 16 x 50 while the ausd is good). Anyway i can't wait to get it in a couple of weeks HOPEFULLY (i'm ordering it tomorrow). Sorry if this is a meaningless thread just can't contain my excitement! ill post up some pics the moment i get it!

Cheers

Chris
trevort
Spud Gun
Favourite Cartridge: Tater

Re: The time has come

Post by trevort »

excitement over a new rifle is by no means meaningless. We can share with you.

Ecellent choice, what calibre?
MISSED
Favourite Cartridge: 20 PPC

Post by MISSED »

Welldone Richta,A mate of mine is picking up his CZ varmint Kevlar on Friday.He has purchased Jeffk`s Burris.And yes Trevort it is a 204 and I dare say he will be picking your brains for info Sat nite.
trevort
Spud Gun

Post by trevort »

well he best do it early before the party gets into full swing," happy Birthday to you happy birthday to you, happy big 50 Andrew happy birthday to you" More tea vicar, yes please this glass appears to be faulty, full of air again!!!!! :twisted:
stinkitup
.338 Lapua Magnum
Favourite Cartridge: 6.5x55

Post by stinkitup »

sweeeet very nice what Cal?
James270
His Holiness
Favourite Cartridge: 270W

Post by James270 »

Try not to get too excited Trevor, you wouldn't want to peak too early.

I hope the weather is better on Friday than it is here at the moment.
Richta
.17 HMR

Post by Richta »

.223, i must admit i was tempted by the 204 but for a first centrefire 223 seemed to be the go. plus a mate of mine also has a 223 so were gonna start reloading together.
trevort
Spud Gun

Post by trevort »

You will enjoy your 223 and reloading! Looking forward to the photos!
jeffk
22-250 Remington
Favourite Cartridge: 338WM

Post by jeffk »

MISSED wrote:Welldone Richta,A mate of mine is picking up his CZ varmint Kevlar on Friday.He has purchased Jeffk`s Burris.And yes Trevort it is a 204 and I dare say he will be picking your brains for info Sat nite.
They should go very nicely together - I love the HS stock on that Kevlar model! Scope is going in the post today, BTW.....
Richta
.17 HMR

Post by Richta »

I rang up cleavers just a second ago and they dont actually have it in 223 :( only .204. Now im just thinking get the 204 i dunno something deep down want me to get it. i know its more expensive ammo but im definitely gonna start reloading which makes 223 and 204 around the same price and im only going after foxes and rabbits anyway. bah i hate decisions
stinkitup
.338 Lapua Magnum
Favourite Cartridge: 6.5x55

Post by stinkitup »

Geez I wish I had to make that decision :D if its just even mostly foxes and rabbits/hares then the 204 should be fine and handloading seems to be easy for them.
jeffk
22-250 Remington
Favourite Cartridge: 338WM

Post by jeffk »

Richta wrote:I rang up cleavers just a second ago and they dont actually have it in 223 :( only .204. Now im just thinking get the 204 i dunno something deep down want me to get it. i know its more expensive ammo but im definitely gonna start reloading which makes 223 and 204 around the same price and im only going after foxes and rabbits anyway. bah i hate decisions
The only reason I'd buy a new .223 over a 20 cal now is if I needed to use factory ammo.
Last edited by jeffk on Thu Jun 11, 2009 2:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ogre6br
300 Win Mag
Favourite Cartridge: 6.5x55 or 6BR

Post by ogre6br »

204 is on the approved list in the New code of practice for Roo harvesting ( or whatever it's called)
so grab the 204 and you are covered
rabbits, foxes, CATS, and if someone asks you to- with the 40 grain load you can cull on permits also

After using TrevorT's 204's I am liking the .20 cals more and more

P
Richta
.17 HMR

Post by Richta »

yeh i didnt know that they were legal for roos under permit now that is definetly another tick in the 204 column
Richta
.17 HMR

Post by Richta »

I went down to the gun shop today with the intention of buying 527 sporter but came away with a cz 527 varmint in 223! I love the weight and balance of this rifle! for a relatively heavy barrel the overall gun is surprisingly light. the only problem is the one on show had a crack in the stock which was a shame because it was a nice piece of timber. anyway they have one at the distributor and is being sent out so hopefully the wood on that is just as nice. Anyway can't wait to get it!