If only

Talk about your Varmint Rifles and other firearms here!
Mevo2230
17 Hornet
Favourite Cartridge: 9.3*62

If only

Post by Mevo2230 »

Our firearms licensing was not so backwards, I would get myself one of these bad boys

https://www.volquartsen.com/products/89 ... -blow-comp

It is some custom made self loading rimfire action in 17HMR. I also like the colour orange.
17hmr
.243 Winchester

Re: If only

Post by 17hmr »

looks nice! though at current hmr ammo price, last thing you'd want is a semi auto, geez my back pocket would have a massive hole in it.
chris.tyne
.270 Winchester
Favourite Cartridge: 6BR

Post by chris.tyne »

Look's............................well........................sort of funky in a 70's kind of way,thank christ someone has finally seen the need for a ported barrel on one of these babies..........
icing on the cake :lol: :lol: .

Regards Chris.
jeffk
22-250 Remington
Favourite Cartridge: 338WM

Post by jeffk »

I'd love to have my .22LR semi-auto back. Sold it before I moved here, as I just knew licensing it would be near impossible. :(

chris.tyne
.270 Winchester
Favourite Cartridge: 6BR

Post by chris.tyne »

Jesus Jeff :shock: ,that's a wicked looking bit of gear....................ummmmmm what is it exactly.

Regards Chris.
jeffk
22-250 Remington

Post by jeffk »

chris.tyne wrote:Jesus Jeff :shock: ,that's a wicked looking bit of gear....................ummmmmm what is it exactly.

Regards Chris.
A Walther G22 Bullpup. Great gun, fantastic for using out the window of the Landrover, but quite the worst trigger I've ever had on a rifle (because there a great long bit of bendy metal connecting the trigger to the action, which is by your ear in the stock!). Still miss it heaps though.
Knackers
.338 Lapua Magnum
Favourite Cartridge: .223

Post by Knackers »

Ohhh they are both sexy looking bits of kit, I'm not all that in to semi auto's but I'd have either of those. :wink:
adamjp
.270 Winchester
Favourite Cartridge: 30/06

Post by adamjp »

jeffk wrote:...I just knew licensing it would be near impossible. :(
What did you think might not be legal?

The semi-auto bit?
The silencer bit?
The below legal length bit?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
jeffk
22-250 Remington

Post by jeffk »

adamjp wrote:
jeffk wrote:...I just knew licensing it would be near impossible. :(
What did you think might not be legal?

The semi-auto bit?
The silencer bit?
The below legal length bit?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Well, I didn't know about the length restriction before I came, but I figured the other two would be enough!! :mrgreen:

The bit I find daft is we supposedly can't be trusted with these nasty .22LR semi-auto rifles unless we own land and earn a living from it, but I can have a Glock and God knows what else to shoot targets with at the range...so I'm consoling myself with much more powerful semi-auto pistols instead!
Dr G
300 Win Mag
Favourite Cartridge: 204 Ruger

Post by Dr G »

Mevo2230 wrote:Our firearms licensing was not so backwards, I would get myself one of these bad boys

https://www.volquartsen.com/products/89 ... -blow-comp

It is some custom made self loading rimfire action in 17HMR. I also like the colour orange.
Beleive it or not that would make an excellent camo pattern and colouring for out my way, put that down in some sandhill wattle on the red dunes and you would need a gps fix to find it again.

Does anybody know if stocks with that colour pattern are available in Oz or would it be a long wait on a US import

Dr G
stinkitup
.338 Lapua Magnum
Favourite Cartridge: 6.5x55

Post by stinkitup »

What I want to know is how doe they make them colorfull, is each layer of ply painted before being sandwiched etc
tikka
.223 Remington
Favourite Cartridge: spud gun!!!

Post by tikka »

That orange thingy looks shithouse IMO :)
Mevo2230
17 Hornet
Favourite Cartridge: 9.3*62

Post by Mevo2230 »

Boyds might have something like that, they probably even provide the blank for them.

http://www.rifle-stocks.com/laminated_woods.htm

Failing that I guess you could e-mail volqartsen as well to find out who their supplier is as well.

info@volquartsen.com
Dr G
300 Win Mag
Favourite Cartridge: 204 Ruger

Post by Dr G »

Mevo2230 wrote:Boyds might have something like that, they probably even provide the blank for them.

http://www.rifle-stocks.com/laminated_woods.htm

Failing that I guess you could e-mail volqartsen as well to find out who their supplier is as well.

info@volquartsen.com
I had a look, Boyds do something similar but with an extra colour in it. Also I am lead to beleive there service is less than average. Looks like the the volquartsen make there own but only for Ruger 10/22 actions

Tikka its all in the eye of the beholder mate. That rifle and stock would look great in the sandhills out my way. I must admit though I normally prefer traditional wood or understated synthetics, that dont look like a glued together or recast lump of polypipe shavings. Despite this I like this stock

Dr G