8mm Muaser

Talk about your Varmint Rifles and other firearms here!
mitch

8mm Muaser

Post by mitch »

Guys im looking at an 8mm Ankara Turkish Mauser for deer hunting im a bit sus on it but its in aus hunter for $60 and says its in fair- good condition. Have any of you guys got one and what do you of them and can u still buy factory ammo for them and are they pricy or do you have to reload them. Thax mitch
fenring

Re: 8mm Muaser

Post by fenring »

Highland load it:

http://www.highlandsports.com.au/produc ... s10MOZS60=" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

As do Sellier and Bellot, and Norma. And the Norma factory loads seem pretty healthy, too....

http://www.norma.cc/sortimentjakt.asp?K ... =8x57%20JS" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Knackers
.338 Lapua Magnum
Favourite Cartridge: .223

Post by Knackers »

Mitch, when I was a kid I got an advance on my pocket money to buy one of these.
They came with a cleaning kit and bayonet for $65 and 80 rounds of ex-mil ammo was $13, budget shooting for a teenager. Three of us bought them and all sporterised them to one degree or another. Dropped plenty of pigs with them. My BIL use to cling the 400 mtr plate at little river with his. :wink:

Warning, some you can't put a scope on.
mitch

Post by mitch »

Thax Knackers and fenring. and thax for the heads up but about the scope to Knackers
trevort
Spud Gun
Favourite Cartridge: Tater

Post by trevort »

Mitch what sort of condition do expect a $60 gun to be in? How confident will you be in using it?

As in your other thread, slow down, save more. Do one at a time. Get your 22/250 going if thats the shooting you do most of and start saving for the next one
Brad Y
.338 Lapua Magnum
Favourite Cartridge: N/A

Post by Brad Y »

exactly right trev

Mitch ive made a few quick and hasty decisions on guns over the last two years and now im spending more money to make up for them. My first 17hmr was a single shot as it was all i could afford. sure it did the trick but now ive gone and bought a new bolt action one as i needed more shots off quicker. The 22-250 I got with a synthetic stock that i didnt like. A couple of extra dollars and i would have got a better model that i didnt have to get a different stock for.

Take your time and save your money with your guns. Get something that you will enjoy shooting not something that your wallet enjoys.
Knackers
.338 Lapua Magnum

Post by Knackers »

My first 17hmr was a single shot as it was all i could afford. sure it did the trick
That would have been a real poofter to shoot/reload prone with a bi-pod Brad. :wink:
Brad Y
.338 Lapua Magnum
Favourite Cartridge: N/A

Post by Brad Y »

Exactly why i should have thought a bit more mate. But now the VSF marlin does sweeter than i could ever hope for
mitch

Post by mitch »

yer fair call guys iv decided to get a .223 remington 700 modle 7 i think its called. Well im going to have a look at it one of my mates is selling it for a friend who moved over seas he said it would be lucky to have fired 50 rounds and he had a look down the bore with a bore scope and it was spotless and the best bit is he has a shooting range on his farm so i can fire it before i buy it if it is as good as he says. he his selling it for $800 which i think is a good price. wat do u think. Mitch PS. Brad Y i no wat u mean about single shot been anoying iv been using a relos .22 mag its a repeater but he lost the mag for it so u have to load it single shot and its harder to load then a single shot when out spot lighting.
fenring

Post by fenring »

LOL - fair change of heart mate - 8mm Mauser for $60 to a $800 .223!

:lol:
mitch

Post by mitch »

yer because i was also going to get a .22 hornet for $400 then i thought with $400 then $60 transfering it from NSW thats over half way and the .22 wan't going to have the range i realy wanted and i got $1000 i didn't think i was going to for a few months and the 700 sounds like a real nice gun i don't think i would regret spending $800 over $60 for wat im getting.
Knackers
.338 Lapua Magnum

Post by Knackers »

:lol:
yer because i was also going to get a .22 hornet for $400 then i thought with $400 then $60 transfering it from NSW thats over half way and the .22 wan't going to have the range i realy wanted and i got $1000 i didn't think i was going to for a few months and the 700 sounds like a real nice gun i don't think i would regret spending $800 over $60 for wat im getting.
Love your work Mitch, if I could convince my wife as well as you can convince yourself I reckon I could buy any gun I want. :wink:

The Rem will be a good gun. :wink:
mitch

Post by mitch »

haha the girl friends not happy about it as i supos to be going to SA at the end of the month my my brothers 21st but my thery is there still 3 week to save for that. And i used the old this is my sprot u pay the that much on your netball and other crap she does not worrying about all the money she spends when she goes shopping and she didn't say another work so its all good.
Knackers
.338 Lapua Magnum

Post by Knackers »

Too good. :wink:
Looking forward to the pics. :wink:
trevort
Spud Gun
Favourite Cartridge: Tater

Post by trevort »