Show us your 22LR

Talk about your Varmint Rifles and other firearms here!
hunternick22

Show us your 22LR

Post by hunternick22 »

Gday everyone post pictures of your 22LR :hunting: :rifle: :D
Last edited by hunternick22 on Wed Sep 17, 2008 3:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Simpson
22-250 Remington
Favourite Cartridge: 22-250, 243, 308, ..

Re: Show us your 22LR

Post by Simpson »

Click image for bigger pic

Its the top one :wink:
bimbo
300 Win Mag
Favourite Cartridge: 17HH

Post by bimbo »

here is mine. Lithgow mod 12 which is 50odd years old but will still shoot under 1 inch at 50m with winchester sub sonics. It was the first rifle i bought and have had if for 5 years now. I bought it because it was the only 22lr in resonable condition i could find before my PTA expired but it seems to be a rifle that holds a special spot for many. I was surprised at the number of people that come up to me at the range or see photos and tell me that their learnt to shoot on the same make/mod of rifle, or where given one as a birthday present as their first own rifle back in the day.

Cheers
James
hunternick22

Post by hunternick22 »

nice rifle bimbo my grandad has a lithgow but its about 70 years old and was his first rifle also.he was also given a lithgow single shot by a mate. :rifle:
kjd
Site Admin
Favourite Cartridge: 223Rem

Post by kjd »

22lr.jpg
Herbs

Post by Herbs »

Jeff 8
.22 WMR

Post by Jeff 8 »

:rifle2: :rifle:
Attachments
My first rifle, I hardly use it now. It still looks new.
My first rifle, I hardly use it now. It still looks new.
This rifle was my Dads. I use it lots as it looks rough but shoots amazingly accurately. I shot it today with cci velocitors and it bettered what it did before. It shoots ok with cheap 22s but the dear stuff is so good I wouldnt think of updating.
This rifle was my Dads. I use it lots as it looks rough but shoots amazingly accurately. I shot it today with cci velocitors and it bettered what it did before. It shoots ok with cheap 22s but the dear stuff is so good I wouldnt think of updating.
Jeff 8
.22 WMR

Post by Jeff 8 »

:rifle2: :rifle:
Attachments
This was my first brand new rifle. A Fieldman 22 magnum. I used it lots when I got it, then parked it for about 15 years due to the cost of ammo and used 22LRs. I took it to the range today and with Federal 50 grainers it was surprisingly good. I was also surprised how loud next to the 22 LR.
This was my first brand new rifle. A Fieldman 22 magnum. I used it lots when I got it, then parked it for about 15 years due to the cost of ammo and used 22LRs. I took it to the range today and with Federal 50 grainers it was surprisingly good. I was also surprised how loud next to the 22 LR.
I bought this for the wife, but she has a Browning pump now and prefers that so the kids will use this for now. I shot it today and it is quite good considering I hadnt used open sights in ages. I might put a scope on it as it was lots of fun to shoot but it could be funner if I can see the target.
I bought this for the wife, but she has a Browning pump now and prefers that so the kids will use this for now. I shot it today and it is quite good considering I hadnt used open sights in ages. I might put a scope on it as it was lots of fun to shoot but it could be funner if I can see the target.
Herbs

Post by Herbs »

Wow, I really need to get my hands on a Lithgow Model 12, used one years ago and they are sweet rifles.
Thomo
22-250 Remington

Post by Thomo »

Im part of the Lithgow gang, this is my second, i brought a JW15 with 15 Boxs of ammo and a scope for $30. Had a dozen shots out of it and took it into the shop and swaped it for this little guy. Even came with a rear peep sight.

Gave her a hit of Dura coat, bit of oil on the wood. I will go and shoot some 5 shot groups with it but with a 4x scope and Winnie sub sonics it was putting 3 into .35 the other day at 50mtr

fenring

Post by fenring »

Lithgow repeater with 4x32 Gold Crown WA that my late father got when he was 16.

And my Ruger 77/22 stainless with AMT barrel, brass trigger shoe and 3-9X40 Gold Crown WA.

Carl223

Post by Carl223 »

Simpson
22-250 Remington
Favourite Cartridge: 22-250, 243, 308, ..

Post by Simpson »

Very pretty stock Carl :wink:

Does it shoot as good as it looks?
Carl223

Post by Carl223 »

has been a spot on little shooter from day dot .... exclusively fed on power points .... never lets me down
seantheaussie

Post by seantheaussie »

I opened the new posts in this topic & up comes Carl's .22 "OH MY GOD". I just hope I never see anything so beautiful in a gunshop or I would bankrupt myself to buy it. If it shoots as well Carl never let it go, it should be in your family for centuries.
Sean