My new rifle - a .22-250 Weatherby Fiberguard S/S Fluted

Talk about your Varmint Rifles and other firearms here!
nr.mclean

My new rifle - a .22-250 Weatherby Fiberguard S/S Fluted

Post by nr.mclean »

Hey guys this is my first post. But i was just wondering if you guys could help me out. I just bought a .22-250 Weatherby Fibreguard S/S Fluted Barrel and am eager to test it out but due to PTA reasons cant for another couple of weeks. I am just wondering if any of you have similar rifles and could tell me how they shoot and if you would advise to get a custom trigger job done right away? Also could someone help me out with some hand loading information, i will probably only shoot factory ammo for a while till i get the hang of it. Also what factory ammo do you recommend, i have been told federal power shock and V shock are good?

Thanks for your help,

nicko
alpal
.17 HMR

Re: My new rifle - a .22-250 Weatherby Fiberguard S/S Fluted

Post by alpal »

nr.mclean, welcome aboard. You rifle is an excellent choice and by all accounts are very accurate. I have a howa s/s in .223 (same action) that has shot a .29" 5 shot group @ 100yds after making a custom pillar/action bedded stock as the howa plastic/synthetic stocks were woeful until they changed to the current hogue stocks, point being that the best groups I could shoot till I GOT THE TRIGGER DONE were about 12-13 mil. Ring or email shane clancy and get a quote, it will be the best money you can spend IMHO.
Good luck with it,
Regards Alpal
dave
7mm08 Rem

Re: My new rifle - a .22-250 Weatherby Fiberguard S/S Fluted

Post by dave »

cant agree with alpal more, great little rifle but as long as you consider replacing or getting a bit of work done to the stock and a quick trigger job these rifles really do shoot well! Then look at reloading some 50gr blitzkings and you will be right! :twisted: