.17HMR

Talk about your Varmint Rifles and other firearms here!
Shamous1

.17HMR

Post by Shamous1 »

Have'nt been on for a while but just thought I'd post the fact the I have just put a .17HMR on layby. It's a Savage with thumbhole and looks smick as.

Just waiting for the PTA's to come back and I'll be off to the shop to pick up. I'm also going to be buying an U/O shotty, not sure whether brand new or SH at this stage and also getting a Gamo 640 Shadow for the kids.
The down side of some more puchases was the fact that my missus made me sell some of my snakes to fund the purchases.
woob614271
17Rem
Favourite Cartridge: 17Rem, 22.250AI, 308

Re: .17HMR

Post by woob614271 »

Those Savage 17HMR's do look schmick and shoot pretty damn good by all reports; not expensive either.
Apparently John Dunn (writes for ASJ) is getting one, write-up next month...
fenring

Post by fenring »

I have one of those - have shot a lot of rabbits, hares and a few foxes with it lately. Also a few cats a while back too.
bimbo
300 Win Mag
Favourite Cartridge: 17HH

Post by bimbo »

They definatly are a sexy bit of kit and have read they have the accuracy to back it up - no point looking flash with shotgun groups
Shamous1 wrote: The down side of some more puchases was the fact that my missus made me sell some of my snakes to fund the purchases.
Good to see another herper on here, no worries about selling a few cause breeding season is almost upon us. Hoping to breed my blonde macs this year for the first time and hopefully fund some more pairs or more guns :)
Sir Snipealot
Favourite Cartridge: .17 HMR

Post by Sir Snipealot »

Your going to love the rifle mate.
Sometimes, I just get mine out and sit it on the lounge room floor and ogle it...... mmmmmm HMR.....
Knackers
.338 Lapua Magnum
Favourite Cartridge: .223

Post by Knackers »

Sometimes, I just get mine out and sit it on the lounge room floor and ogle it...... mmmmmm HMR.....
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I like playing/cleaning my marlin while watching westerns. :wink:
Shamous1

Post by Shamous1 »

I picked this up last night and whilst it does'nt have a scope on it yet, it feels soooo good in the hands. I'll post a pic when I get home. Can't wait to match it with a nce scope.
glennasher1

Post by glennasher1 »

I like the Hell outa my Marlin, I used it on a prairie rattler a couple of years ago, while out prairie dogging (used it on ground squirrels and prairie dogs, too, of course :mrgreen: ) While some rifles like the 20 grain loads, I have tended to stick with the original 17 V Max loading, as the rifle seems to favor that one best.
Buffy
Pumpkin Chucker
Favourite Cartridge: .308

Post by Buffy »

Shamous1, May i ask what you paid for that smick looking rig? Im after a 22lr or a 17hmr not sure wich cal yet. It will be used for more target work than bunny busting as i have a 223 for that stuff. But it still needs to handle the dirty work if the situation arises... :twisted:

Cheers BB :hunting:
Shamous1

Post by Shamous1 »

Buff Buster wrote:Shamous1, May i ask what you paid for that smick looking rig? Im after a 22lr or a 17hmr not sure wich cal yet. It will be used for more target work than bunny busting as i have a 223 for that stuff. But it still needs to handle the dirty work if the situation arises... :twisted:
Cheers BB :hunting:
Not sure what the going rate for a 1.7HMR like this is but I paid $725 for it. I'm happy either way with. Although I have'nt managed to get out and shoot with it yet. :(
fenring

Post by fenring »

That's a good price - they are normally around $780, and that's what I paid for mine a year ago.