CZ 550 Varmint laminated

Talk about your Varmint Rifles and other firearms here!
olly15

CZ 550 Varmint laminated

Post by olly15 »

anyone got the CZ 550 VArmint laminated? i should be getting it soon. wanna knopw what you guys think of it? any pictures?

regards
olly
Dr G
300 Win Mag
Favourite Cartridge: 204 Ruger

Post by Dr G »

no idea what they are like mate but i look forwards to seeing pics of yours
saladin

Post by saladin »

it'll be a top piece of gear, but pretty heavy and bulky.
olly15

Re: CZ 550 Varmint laminated

Post by olly15 »

i went for the tikka super varmint insted
trevort
Spud Gun
Favourite Cartridge: Tater

Post by trevort »

have 2 527s and an HMR. Would expect anything CZ to be good, what calibre, show us some pictures when you have it
Knackers
.338 Lapua Magnum
Favourite Cartridge: .223

Post by Knackers »

you didn't did you :cry: that CZ would have been the ducks nuts with all the features that it has over the Tikka.
I've had four CZ's over the years, and I reckon that I would sell my Sako before my CZ. :wink:
olly15

Post by olly15 »

Knackers wrote:you didn't did you that CZ would have been the ducks nuts with all the features that it has over the Tikka.
I've had four CZ's over the years, and I reckon that I would sell my Sako before my CZ.
you didn't did you :cry: that CZ would have been the ducks nuts with all the features that it has over the Tikka.
I've had four CZ's over the years, and I reckon that I would sell my Sako before my CZ. :wink:
gday knackers,
they were both good options but i chose the tikka because i thought it was boody good value for money and it does have some handy features. the synthetic stock was one of the big ones that influenced me, although i like the look of the laminated ones it would just have gotten a bit beaten up in the bush. but i am definatly going to consider the
CZ for my next rifle, they are a nice peice of work. what modles do you have???
Knackers
.338 Lapua Magnum

Post by Knackers »

The super varmint is stainless isn't it? I am jealous. I want one stainless rifle with a sliver scope on it before I die. It would be a toss up between a Rem or a Tikka and I have to say the Tikka wins hands down on price IMO.
I've had one 452 standard .22 but sold it, a 452.17HMR varmint, a 527 .223 American they call it, but I've just had a light profile 1;9 varmint barrel and laminate stock fitted off Trevorts rifle.
I have had two model 2 Brno's, one of which I still own.
I've had Rem,s Tikka's, Winnies, Sako's, Annie's, Ruger's and Marlins and I sold some and still own several of those that I mentioned, but I must say that I am a hard and fast CZ/Brno fan, and find that their rifles are miles ahead of their comp. That's just my opinion, and you'll see me waving the CZ flag all the time. :wink:

I'm as passionate/anal about CZ as Rinso is about Vortex. :lol:
GriMo
Site Admin
Favourite Cartridge: 17 rem

Post by GriMo »

Knackers wrote:The super varmint is stainless isn't it? I am jealous. I want one stainless rifle with a sliver scope on it before I die.

Dont let keith here you say that mate, The amount of shit i copped when i said i couldnt own a stainless rifle unless i had silver rings / scope to go with it.

Only issue with the CZ is it doesnt come in stainless in a cal i want, which is a shame.
olly15

Post by olly15 »

yeah its got a stainless barrel and bolt, looks sweet with the black stock. but i dont have a stainles scope haha, ive got a black bushnell. i put a bipod on, it looks mean :twisted:
Knackers
.338 Lapua Magnum

Post by Knackers »

Dont let keith here you say that mate, The amount of shit i copped when i said i couldnt own a stainless rifle unless i had silver rings / scope to go with it.

Only issue with the CZ is it doesnt come in stainless in a cal i want, which is a shame.
I'm hearin ya Grimo, if the CZ range had a stainless model I would have it, and yes I wouldn't have one if the rings and scope weren't silver to match. :wink:
trevort
Spud Gun

Post by trevort »

GriMo wrote:
Knackers wrote:The super varmint is stainless isn't it? I am jealous. I want one stainless rifle with a sliver scope on it before I die.

thats what gunsmiths are for :mrgreen: blued action looks nice with a bead blasted stainless barrel and synthetic HS stock :wink:
kjd
Site Admin
Favourite Cartridge: 223Rem

Post by kjd »

Hey dont get me wrong I think that a stainless barrelled action with syn stock and silver rings/scope looks shit hot. I just wouldn't let it worry me that much if it didn't have it! (the only stainless synthetic I have has a blued action and low and behold a black scope.) That being said it would be sexy to have one all silver but I wouldn't not own one if I couldn't have it like that!!
trevort
Spud Gun

Post by trevort »

its all about personal taste, I just hate silver scopes on hunting rifles but like stainless rifles, go figure.
frakka
22-250 Remington
Favourite Cartridge: 223 Rem

Post by frakka »

Horses for courses I guess but I’ve never cottoned on to silverware or synthetics in hunting rifles, much prefer the look and feel of nice grained walnut, blued metal work and scope to match. My only concession to current trends is a matt finish on the scope :lol: