hello all again

Talk about your Varmint Rifles and other firearms here!
deadkelly
17 Hornet
Favourite Cartridge: 6.5x55

hello all again

Post by deadkelly »

i've been off line for awhile & my big block valiant has been taking up most of my online time :wink: .
anyway time to cure a bit of me shooting itch :mrgreen:
yous should see abit more of me on here from now on .
well take care all :rifle2: :mrgreen:
BruceHornet
Favourite Cartridge: MANY

Re: hello all again

Post by BruceHornet »

logan a when are we going shooting :lol:
Knackers
.338 Lapua Magnum
Favourite Cartridge: .223

Post by Knackers »

When do we see pictures of the Val? :wink:
tikka
.223 Remington
Favourite Cartridge: spud gun!!!

Post by tikka »

Knackers wrote:When do we see pictures of the Val? :wink:
Yeah love a big block val. Bet she hammers. :mrgreen:
deadkelly
17 Hornet

Post by deadkelly »

bruce17hmr wrote:logan a when are we going shooting :lol:
i got a mate & his son coming over tonight to smash cain toads with air rifles :mrgreen:
I'm on 5 acres with a dam out the back fooking heaps of them mate . especially after rain or while it's raining . I'll leave all the lights on tonight hahahaha to bring them in lol .
btw you could come over anytime to smash toads if ya got a air rifle Bruce .
i was using sling shots but the ammo & rubbers cost to much . air rifles are the ticket .

as for proper hunting my shooting property i had got sold last year :cry: :cry: :cry: .
so I'm just going out on invites at the moment :cry: .
i have been going to a place at beaudesert with a mate getting hares but we've kind of hit it a bit hard , so we gotta givem time to come back hence the 22 mag :wink: .
but I'm single & always keen mate so any times a good time .
I've been chatting to a chic on face book & her uncles got 30 000 acres in western Queensland , I'm trying to get on there .
should catch up one day .
deadkelly
17 Hornet

Post by deadkelly »

as for my valiant it's a 69 vf ute with a baby 383 big block . I'll try for some pic's now & you tube link . all these pic's & footage is with the old clapped out motor almost finished the new one . we just pulled the 727 auto down on Friday night & sent a email to the states asking about parts & freight .
Attachments
my new motor .<br />should be 500-550 hp . that should put her into the 11's @ 116mph+
my new motor .
should be 500-550 hp . that should put her into the 11's @ 116mph+
at willowbank
at willowbank
my baby
my baby
deadkelly
17 Hornet

Post by deadkelly »

i'll try a you tube link in this one not sure how to do it though .
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o5uHN0EcvRw
this should work . this was at mopar sunday i only just got it running 2 days before . it only ran a best of 14.1 @ 97 mph that day .
best so far is 13.4 @ 102 mph but that motor was clapped out & we couldn't set the timming it was that worn . it had 261 hp @ the tires then .
it should be over 400 hp @ the tires now . have a good anzac day all .
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WG48Ftsr3OI :wink:
joelomunro
.22 WMR

Post by joelomunro »

Hey deadkelly nice MoPar Sunday pics mate, good to see another Chryslerphile around here. Ive got a black VH Charger, also with an engine in the build, tho mines gonna be a fairly warm 265. Be good to catch up when I get home from Canada mate.

All the best

Joel
Wild Dog

Post by Wild Dog »

joelomunro wrote:Hey deadkelly nice MoPar Sunday pics mate, good to see another Chryslerphile around here. Ive got a black VH Charger, also with an engine in the build, tho mines gonna be a fairly warm 265. Be good to catch up when I get home from Canada mate.

All the best

Joel
Hey Joel I see your from Brooloo ??
Do you shoot at the Imbil range ??
Blie took our property at Kandanga and we're coming down from Cairns this weekend to see if it's worth buying back. Probably won't be as we've heard QWI has been renting them out to any junkie they can find.
deadkelly
17 Hornet

Post by deadkelly »

joelomunro wrote:Hey deadkelly nice MoPar Sunday pics mate, good to see another Chryslerphile around here. Ive got a black VH Charger, also with an engine in the build, tho mines gonna be a fairly warm 265. Be good to catch up when I get home from Canada mate.

All the best

Joel
have you bought any 265 parts ? as i have a new set of +.060" cast flat top pistons , new crow 445" lift hyd cam & new comp cams lifters , ported 265 head , 4bbl inlet manifold . + 4 245's & 1 spare 265 .
joelomunro
.22 WMR

Post by joelomunro »

Hey Wild dog, yeah I used to shoot at Imbil years ago as a junior, but moved away for uni and didnt have much time when I came back. Went there for a shot last yr and was dissappointed at the no loaded mags rule now and the general feeling of stiffness about it all. Im in Canada at the moment, working on a grain farm, and have been since the end of Aug last yr. Its rooted what Bligh did to the Mary Valley, and a good thing to see that the dam got knocked on the head.

Deadkelly, Im right for bits, got a set of +30 forgies in mine, tho I might be intersted in that ported head, can you give me a few figures on it and Ill think it over. Thanks mate

Joel
deadkelly
17 Hornet

Post by deadkelly »

mate it has not been flow tested yet . it was done by myself ( i ported 2 stroke motor bike barrels for 9 years full time ) @ serco ( wiseco pistons ) so if anybody paid for a port job on ya bikes it's a good chance i done it . as all the bike shops send them there to get ported . nothing radical has been done ( as many over ported hemis go backwards ) they are still only 265 cid after all . it's the manifold thats the real killer ( different length runners ) although expensive triple Webber's are by far the best thing you can do . i have a friend that paid $2400 on porting his 265 head & using a 600" lift solid cam & 700 Holley dp ect ect he was hoping for 400 hp in a centura . he got 209 rwhp using a turbo 350 & hilux diff . & he is a very depressed lost soul now , his given up on his car & guns & lost his girlfriend & just drinks his life away now . i knew that was gonna happen . so i learn from his mistake & others ( the cam i have is his new old one that was to small he said ) so my plan was to use that cam with the porting I'm doing ( just blending & a light run over the whole port , it was a good casting to start with ) so far i have not ported the exhausts yet . i think this head will be quite a good head to start with at leased as a lot of time is already been put into it . i was going to use it in a speedway car with the 545 " lift cam & 600-650 Holley dp . with the extractors & exhaust we made . if your in Brisbane & would like to flow it or crack test / magnaflux it thats fine . hell I'd love to see what it flows :wink: . i could even finish the head if you want it . it would cost at leased $700 for whats been done so far . i don't want anything like that for it though . have a look if you want ! anytime .
Attachments
my mates big claims lol . i had 280 rwhp before . now will have over 400 rwhp lol . ( i was gonna have 496 stroker ) but resleeved to std 383 in my ute .
my mates big claims lol . i had 280 rwhp before . now will have over 400 rwhp lol . ( i was gonna have 496 stroker ) but resleeved to std 383 in my ute .
exhaust 3&quot;<br />pipe &amp; 3&quot; super trap muffler
exhaust 3"
pipe & 3" super trap muffler
inlet port
inlet port
shot at the valve
shot at the valve
bowl
bowl
joelomunro
.22 WMR

Post by joelomunro »

Ive got an E34 manifold and BG Demon 625 for my engine. Ive been running that on the old engine to get it sorted and it dyno'd at 172hp at the tyres with a stuck dizzy, which I consider not too bad for an old, gettin tired engine that is probably internally stock, but I havent had it apart to know. Plans wise for my new engine, when I pull the cash and time together to get it done are, +30th speedpro forgies, shotpeened resized rods, shotpeened crank, main bearing stud girdle, external oil pump, solid cam ( sized to suit eventual head work), roller rockers, big balancer, etc... I want to mate it to a 5 speed box for drivability and am going to a disc brake rear end in the Charger with around 3.45 LSD. Id like 250+ at the tyres from that combo and would be stoked with more.

Joel
deadkelly
17 Hornet

Post by deadkelly »

yeah thats good power for a old worn out motor .
your 625 bg should be just right .
my mate spent over 20 k on his motor although his was built for nitrous , so he had lower compression with widened ring gaps ect . so with the nitrous that will really help with torque & to fill those large ports . but he's all farked up now so his centura may never even see the drag strip or nitrous . :cry: :cry: :cry: .