Ruger VT's

Talk about your Varmint Rifles and other firearms here!
als008
.17 HMR
Favourite Cartridge: .308

Re: Ruger VT's

Post by als008 »

Well guys i picked up my VT today and took it straight to the range to run in the barrel and sight it in.

First impressions are very good for the time being. I just loaded some running in loads of 24gns of BM2 with 55 SBK's. After the first 3 shots to get me on paper and zero, the following 4 shots went into one hole ragged hole @ 100yrds. :P

But now my only concerns are about the bullet seating depths as i loaded these rounds at a figure i thought looked good about 2.320" base to tip. It turns out i couldn't load these into the mag but was able to load one round at a time. These were jammed into the lands so once i have more of a play i will see what works best.

Maybe these 75 a-maxes i got wont do too well in the VT Mag....
Con
.308 Winchester

Post by Con »

You can get a gunsmith to extend the magazine box a bit, whether its enough for what you want I dont know.
Cheers...
Con
als008
.17 HMR
Favourite Cartridge: .308

Post by als008 »

Im confused..... or maybe ive just been rolled.

I have just given my New Ruger VT in .223rem a good though cleaning after yesterdays initial running in process. Only got through 12 shots. Barrel is running in good, no copper fouling but getts a bit of carbon.

Anyways i have just found out my barrel is a 1:12" twist. WTF???

I thought they only came in 1:9" :?
frakka
22-250 Remington
Favourite Cartridge: 223 Rem

Post by frakka »

als008 wrote:I'm confused..... or maybe I've just been rolled.
Doesn't sound like you ordered a particular twist, no re-course with the dealer then :shock:........ that said there is no better all rounder than 55gr SBK's imho.