Which Rimfire Rifle Is Better?

Talk about your Varmint Rifles and other firearms here!

Overall, Which Rimfire Rifle is better in accuracy and quality.

Poll ended at Sun Nov 15, 2009 11:45 pm

CZ 452/453
88%
Marlin Bolt Action Rimfire
12%

Total votes: 50

SnipeWench
.17 HMR
Favourite Cartridge: .50cal

Re: Which Rimfire Rifle Is Better?

Post by SnipeWench »

You could take both the Marlin and Bruno down to Cecil Park, and use the test range to determine the winner. The rifle gets clamped onto the bench, so no chance of deliberate flyers. Same ammo, or best ammo for each rifle.

The only way to definitively determine the winner is scientifically :)

Then everyone can walk away with a beer and a smile!

- bec
fenring

Post by fenring »

Sean Ambrose wrote:
Rath wrote:I'm failing to understand what is proven by having two different shooters shoot two different rifles? How would that in any way lend itself to a credible comparison of the rifles?
Well we could have both shooters trial both rifles, however if one was biased who is to say that he wouldn't pull shots? But of course the Marlin would be the disadvantaged as the Bruno is allegedly the superior firearm.

The only way to effectively do this is to campaign the Marlin in Sporter Class and brass a few of the Bruno shooters from the mound. I will though write an article on the rifle when I finally acquire it.

Regards

Sean
Please do - look forward to hearing more.
shotout

Post by shotout »

well mine is not a marlin or cz , i bought a so called crapy J-15A made in CHINA 22lr for $60 came with tasco 4x40 scope . using winchester power points i can put 5 shots in 17.83mm [ 0.702 ] inch . off the bench .@ 100 m with a good breeze , no modifications ,heaps better than some of the 22lr i see at the range .. have not tried other bullets yet as it,s only something for the farm . got nothing against the cz or marlin as that was what i was going to buy to teach the missus to shoot before i was offered this BRUMBY.