WHY DOES EVERYONE HATE THE .222 REM?????

Talk about your Varmint Rifles and other firearms here!
andrewk
7mm Rem Mag
Favourite Cartridge: 222rem

Re: WHY DOES EVERYONE HATE THE .222 REM?????

Post by andrewk »

thanks RayG, she's my pride and joy in the gunsafe. i'll never sell her. in the pic is the scope dad had on it, i'm putting a VXIII 4.5-14x50 with QRW rings on it soon, just need a piccatiny rail drilled to suit the action. also i've put the stock away so it doesn't get damaged. if only i could get an original barrel in 222rem, excellent condition, it would make my day.

quote="RayG"]Your Tikka is a great golden oldie andrew,I bet it shoots every bit as good as it looks :mrgreen: :mrgreen:[/quote]
bushchook
.223 Remington
Favourite Cartridge: .220 Swift

Post by bushchook »

Had a 300 yard prone competition here a few weeks back in very windy conditions . Won it with my Sako A1 .222 sporter and 8 x 56 Kahles . Score was 74.3 out of a possible 76.5 . It was the least powerful rifle in the comp. and some were using heavy custom gear . Think there were only two other scores in the 70's from the ten shooters .
Lovely calibre if you know its limitations on game.
andrewk
7mm Rem Mag
Favourite Cartridge: 222rem

Post by andrewk »

yeah great cartridge. was at the range with my 222 today. i've just bedded the action and put a decent scope on it finally (4.5-14x50 vxIII leupold) so had to sight in. 3 shots to get sighted the next 3 a nice coliflower group at a 100yds measuring 0.3moa. best i've ever had with it and hoping its not all arse. will post a pic when i get one.
Attachments
IMG_0004.jpg
saladin

Post by saladin »

one of THE all-time great cartridges. anyone who knocks it is kidding themselves.