Next semi custom feral basher.

Talk about your Varmint Rifles and other firearms here!
Camel
Ultimate AusVarminter
Favourite Cartridge: 20-222 6x47 rem, 250

Re: Next semi custom feral basher.

Post by Camel »

Brad Y wrote:Yeah I might look at it Rod. The only real issue is our farms are small and the ever spreading amount of rich city pricks and their hobby farms in this area means more noise is less welcome. No offence to anyone who is financially well off, lives in a city and has a country hobby farm of course.

It is my understanding that a brake doesn't increase the noise, more spreads it to the sides instead of forward. ??

Most of them need offending, especially if they own horses. :twisted:
RDavies
.257 Roberts
Favourite Cartridge: 7 SAUM

Post by RDavies »

Camel wrote:
Brad Y wrote:Yeah I might look at it Rod. The only real issue is our farms are small and the ever spreading amount of rich city pricks and their hobby farms in this area means more noise is less welcome. No offence to anyone who is financially well off, lives in a city and has a country hobby farm of course.

It is my understanding that a brake doesn't increase the noise, more spreads it to the sides instead of forward. ??

Most of them need offending, especially if they own horses. :twisted:
Yes, you are right Camel.
When you are shooting next to other people under a tin roof as in most SSAA ranges, then they seem very loud and people think they make the gun louder, but out in the open, most cant tell the difference from 10 meters away . A few people here used my muzzle braked 284 at Missedathon and I don't think anyone there noticed any extra noise.
If you are shooting over some peoples bonnets on their nice new fourbie, then they take a bit of offense to the muzzle blast taking the polish of the shiny new paint job.
kickinback
50 BMG
Favourite Cartridge: 260 Rem

Post by kickinback »

This blokes having a crack at you Trev.......
Brad Y
.338 Lapua Magnum
Favourite Cartridge: N/A

Post by Brad Y »

Haha!
Brad Y
.338 Lapua Magnum
Favourite Cartridge: N/A

Post by Brad Y »

Will take a look at the brake. I was of the thought that they just made guns noisier fullstop. But if thats only apparent to the shooter then that would be no issue. Earmuffs cover it.