CZ 527 17 HH - First Impressions

Talk about your Varmint Rifles and other firearms here!
Plowboy
7mm Rem Mag
Favourite Cartridge: .223

Re: CZ 527 17 HH - First Impressions

Post by Plowboy »

xa-coupe wrote:closer to half an inch ... not counting the shot when the target fell over after you fired ...
Was trying to be modest......cough cough.

Would be interesting to see how it goes with better conditions though. Hardly ideal wind etc. yeah the trigger took some getting used to but once that was sorted, bloody nice! Would have seriously thought about that chambering if they were around when I bought the tikka.

Anyway welcome back any time and especially when you get the scope all sorted. Once again will be a tack driver once everything is in its favour. Will happily shoot a ragged hole for ya! :stir:
xa-coupe
.17 HMR
Favourite Cartridge: 223

Post by xa-coupe »

Thanks for the invite, I will be taking you up on it ... but not sure if I will let you near the gun .. my ego isn't able to take too much bruising. :oops:

And yeah, conditions sucked... but at least we were able to play with it.
Plowboy
7mm Rem Mag
Favourite Cartridge: .223

Post by Plowboy »

It's one of the problems at my place, too much open space and no stands or timber to shade from the wind. I have thought about using the little paddock we were in to plant wind breaking brush to stop the prevailing winds and allow better shooting. And also building a proper backstop. Then sheep walking behind the target are no longer a problem.