Howa Mini

Talk about your Varmint Rifles and other firearms here!
adamjp
.270 Winchester
Favourite Cartridge: 30/06

Re: Howa Mini

Post by adamjp »

I had to stop by to see this version this afternoon and it is a really nice bit of kit. This photo gives you an idea of forend profile which fills the hand nicely without being too much.
Forend SM.jpg
bigfellascott
7mm Rem Mag
Favourite Cartridge: 22.250

Post by bigfellascott »

Awesome Job Greg, well done mate, you make it hard to resist buying one of these off you I can tell ya. If only I had the $$$ :(
The Raven
Ultimate AusVarminter
Favourite Cartridge: .270 Win

Post by The Raven »

That's real purdy. How's she shoot?
adamjp
.270 Winchester

Post by adamjp »

The Raven wrote:That's real purdy. How's she shoot?
:oops: It's fired one shot.

More to come :twisted:
The Raven
Ultimate AusVarminter
Favourite Cartridge: .270 Win

Post by The Raven »

adamjp wrote:
The Raven wrote:That's real purdy. How's she shoot?
:oops: It's fired one shot.

More to come :twisted:
So it was a perfect group then? :wink:

I look forward to the report once you get a chance to perform some testing.
Stevil
Favourite Cartridge: 260rem

Post by Stevil »

Greg the cerakote came up a treat and new forend looks smicko, cant wait to get my hands on it !

Job well done :auto:
johnty
Favourite Cartridge: 223 & 6.5x47L

Post by johnty »

Wow thats an absolutely brilliant looking stock. I am a nc machinist so know time and imagination it takes to make such a part. Well done. How does the finsh with the cerakote look with naked eye? Did you polish aluminium first or does it atill have milling marks?
trevort
Spud Gun
Favourite Cartridge: Tater

Post by trevort »

wow, this is a really long thread about a really short action :D
GregT
Favourite Cartridge: 6br

Post by GregT »

johnty wrote:Wow thats an absolutely brilliant looking stock. I am a nc machinist so know time and imagination it takes to make such a part. Well done. How does the finsh with the cerakote look with naked eye? Did you polish aluminium first or does it atill have milling marks?
Hi mate, thanks! Adam's seen the drawer full of failures getting to this stage, there were 4 that were "not quite right" and I started again. It had about two minutes all up with a foam sanding block to break the edges slightly then grit blast and cerakote. The only machining marks that you can notice is some lines on the chamfers and a little bit of chatter in the magwell, it was finished with a 70mm long 6mm end mill so there is a bit of flex.

juzz338
.17 HMR
Favourite Cartridge: n/a

Post by juzz338 »

trevort wrote:wow, this is a really long thread about a really short action :D
You are not the only 1 who thinks this is dragging on.
When you sit back and look at it, it is quite funny.
In the first thread about the same topic one of these clowns that keeps banging on was loosing an argument so he resorted to personal insults before being moderated and having the thread locked up.
Instead of letting it go though he went to his buddies on another forum for back up and started again, pity no one else gives a :turd: or we could have had another laugh.
That draw of reject stocks must be pretty low as there is not much to see when you have hold of your ankles.
adamjp
.270 Winchester

Post by adamjp »

juzz338 wrote:You are not the only 1 who thinks this is dragging on.
When you sit back and look at it, it is quite funny.
In the first thread about the same topic one of these clowns that keeps banging on was loosing an argument so he resorted to personal insults before being moderated and having the thread locked up.
Instead of letting it go though he went to his buddies on another forum for back up and started again, pity no one else gives a or we could have had another laugh.
That draw of reject stocks must be pretty low as there is not much to see when you have hold of your ankles.
That is obviously directed at me primarily, but some others who are trying something new. So I'll make this something you can understand.

If you don't like the content, go away.

Your posts add no value and a short review of your recent posts indicates you are a troll. I reckon it's time someone moderated your login.

Back to exploring the new Howa varmit action...waiting too see how the 204s go when released.
johno1
7mm Rem Mag
Favourite Cartridge: 5mm rimfire

Post by johno1 »

Let it go Adam no good can come of it, good luck at the range :wink:

The effort put in on this by Greg is fantastic, really looking forward seeing the field tests of rifle and stock

Johno
Seddo
.338 Lapua Magnum
Favourite Cartridge: Creedmoor

Post by Seddo »

Greg, great work. You are almost making me want to buy a mini howa!!
Stevil

Post by Stevil »

Hey Adam the weather forecast is starting to look very sketchy for sunday, high prob of rain, I hope you've loaded up some rain deflectoring projectiles lol .

Greg I'm looking forward to a pair of ur stocks side by side, Desert tan along with Dark earth !

BTW I handled a T3 chassis stock a couple of days ago and the 5 shot T3 mag jammed on inserting, got the angle slightly wrong and it got stuck, neither fully in place and unable to be removed without undoing the mag release screw. Hard to see that happening with this 10 shot mag set up.

and a mates very interested when you get stuck into your T3 version, with the butt being removable, this stock gives you the option of turning ya gun into a backpackable thingo.
Last edited by Stevil on Fri Oct 30, 2015 3:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stevil

Post by Stevil »

Hey Trevort if you think this thread is long ?? wait until Con gets his 204 and start fiddling about, Id expect another 10 pages :lol: