Bruno Hornet

Talk about your Varmint Rifles and other firearms here!
Ron Goulding
.223 Remington
Favourite Cartridge: .22lr

Bruno Hornet

Post by Ron Goulding »

Farther xmas came early this year and he got me a bruno zk465. Its in pretty good nick too, it was pointed out that there was a small crack in the timber around the pistol grip, but its been repaired. I didnt even notice at first and thought it was just a knot in the wood work. It has the double set triggers and the metal work looks all original , barrel looks in good nick also. Now if firearms registry just pulls its finger out, i maybe able to knock over a few bunnys whilst im on holidays in Jan. Cheers Ron
PS lets hope its alot better than the ruger hornet i had !
gigitt
.17 HMR
Favourite Cartridge: 204 Ruger

Re: Bruno Hornet

Post by gigitt »

I have a Brno Hornet, I have been told he's the better shooter than Borats Sister Bruno :mrgreen:
MISSED
Favourite Cartridge: 20 PPC

Post by MISSED »

That ZKW465 would make a nice platform for a 17 Ackley Hornet.Nice chrissy present
HiWall
Site Admin
Favourite Cartridge: .25/06

Post by HiWall »

Good stuff Ron. I love my little ZKW465 - a sweet rifle that is certain to shoot better than the Ruger....a lot better!!
Ron Goulding
.223 Remington

Post by Ron Goulding »

Thanks everyone , i think i got a good deal at $550 ? Do i need extra wide mounts for it ? I was going to buy a heavy barelled single shot walther target rifle with set triggers for $1250. But decided on the bruno instead because its a third of the weight and $700 cheaper. Cheers Ron
MAWLER

Post by MAWLER »

Nice buy, the money is about on par. I just picked up my NIB CZ hornet last week and now with scope fitted and a trigger adjustment I'm ready to head out for some sighting in over my chrissy break, can't wait!
Ron Goulding
.223 Remington

Post by Ron Goulding »

Hi Everyone , theres a great example on used guns at the moment for $850 ! Good luck Mawler i hope you get some over your crissy break.
MAWLER

Post by MAWLER »

Spent a couple of solid hours at the range this morning. All ammo i tried was Minute of Rabbit with no real POA/POI change between the highland, remington, federal and winchester. The federal deserves some more testing but the current ammo of choice is the winchester 46gr HP: 0.5"@50m, 0.75"@100m and 1.5"@150 from 3 shot groups. I was quite happy for the first outing. Now to find some time to blood it!
Ron Goulding
.223 Remington

Post by Ron Goulding »

Hi Mawler , what scope did you end up putting on your CZ ? Im thinking of putting my 3-9 x 40 burris fullfield 2 on mine.
FAR didnt end up sending my PTA in time for me to pick up my Hornet , looks like il have to wait a few more weeks until they get back from Holidays. Cheers Ron PS Nice shooting by the way !
MAWLER

Post by MAWLER »

I bought a Vortex Viper 3-9x40, the most expensive scope I have ever bought or used. Very happy with the smoothness of the power adjustment and clarity of the glass, noticibly better (as you'd expect) when I switched between the HMR which has a nikko nighteater.
aam
.17 HMR
Favourite Cartridge: 22 Hornet

Post by aam »

G' day Ron.
sounds like a good buy.
I've heard good stories about Brno's in 22 hornet.
tell us how she goes.

Regards Albert.
Ron Goulding
.223 Remington

Post by Ron Goulding »

Hi aam , i will do, im just waiting on the dredded PTA to come. Cheers Ron
frakka
22-250 Remington
Favourite Cartridge: 223 Rem

Post by frakka »

The ZKW465 is a great little rifle, I had one for just on 35 years and only sold it when the left hand CZ came out. I had a VXII 4-12x40AO on top, bowled over 200+ rabbits in the first year in this area, quite a few right at the limit of the hornet (mine too :wink: ).

My wife just commented the other day about how come I needed two rifles to replace the hornet........fortunately the cricket saved me from replying with the nicely timed fall of a wicket.
Ron Goulding
.223 Remington

Post by Ron Goulding »

Woohoo my pta finally arrived , now which do i get 1st, hornet or 6mm ppc mmmmmmmmmmmmm ? I better send away for another permit ! Cheers Ron
MAWLER

Post by MAWLER »

Almost there! Took my hornet out last night for its first 41 kills :evil: Didn't shoot anything past 100m but gee was it good fun. Havn't had a hornet for a couple of years now and they hit a lot harder than I remember, making pizza of anything small around the 40 metre mark. I can't wait to get into some hares and redcoats! I've decided on the winchesters, the federal were snagging in the mag and being a royal PITA.