Tikka T3 Lite 223

Talk about your Varmint Rifles and other firearms here!
lowndsie
Favourite Cartridge: N/A

Tikka T3 Lite 223

Post by lowndsie »

My tikka arrived yesterday so it's turn up just in time for a trip away to Tamworth this weekend :D . I'm looking forward to putting a review of it up after it's shot a few critters. I just thought Id get on here and say that Im really impressed with the tikka's value for money. The trigger has got to be the best out of the box trigger I have ever seen. There's is no creep and its already set at a perfect hunting weight. And there's even simple easy to follow instructions in the manual on how to lighten it. But i'll be keeping mine set where it is. And the stock seems to be of strong construction as well with very little movement in the forend.

Anyways, can you tell im excited!! Dam I wish id brought one of these earlier on, I recon id have several of them by now.
cam_mackps2
.222 Remington

Post by cam_mackps2 »

I picked my one last friday, have almost gone through 50 rounds.
Having some trouble sighting in tho, every time i get the chance to get out the wind blows up and i don't seem to make any progress in fine tuning. I can't wait til i get it spot on and i can hit something.

What type of scope have you chosen to sit upon your rifle?
lowndsie
Favourite Cartridge: N/A

Post by lowndsie »

Ive got a VX1 4-12 on it mate. I've only got it bore sighted atm but will fine tune it at the farm over the weekend. I've got 3 new rifles to field test over four days so I'm hoping I get around the tikka with enough time to shoot some bunnies.

Ohh, I also have a 375HH to test out on some crows and bunnies.
dave
7mm08 Rem

Post by dave »

Dont forget to write reviews and take pics :P
Tez
.17 HMR
Favourite Cartridge: 3006

Re: Tikka T3 Lite 223

Post by Tez »

Lowndsie wrote:I just thought Id get on here and say that Im really impressed with the tikka's value for money. The trigger has got to be the best out of the box trigger I have ever seen. There's is no creep and its already set at a perfect hunting weight. And there's even simple easy to follow instructions in the manual on how to lighten it. But i'll be keeping mine set where it is. And the stock seems to be of strong construction as well with very little movement in the forend.

Anyways, can you tell im excited!! Dam I wish id brought one of these earlier on, I recon id have several of them by now.
Mate I know what your saying.

Had one in a 270WSM when they first come out,could not fault it.
But I would of liked a sharper pattern for the checkering.Something like the Ruger point pattern would of suited me better.
And I'm not a fan of two piece bolts,but they have been doing the rounds on the Tikka's now with little complaints.
Mate has a Tikka 690 that has a slight amount of play in that area,but that rifle has seen some country.So somethings are bound to wear.
IMO & what I've seen they are a great little jigger for your bills$$$$.

If you compare these T3's with the rest of the rifles in that price range,they really shine IMO.Workmanship/finish & quality is excellent.

Enjoy :D .
siacci

Post by siacci »

I absolutely love my T3 lite in 223. I have a VX2 3-10x50 on top. It shoots beautifully and has accounted for a shit load pests. I loaded 50 gr nosler BTs with 26gr BM2 to start with and they are dynamite on varmints. I shoot mostly foxes. But when we shot 130 foxes out of the one area over the last 12 months the rabbit population exploded. So we then had to shoot them too. (bugger!!) On the last trip we used 135 rounds of reloads with 55 grain Highland bullets and 25gr of 2206 powder. I knocked over 12 foxes. 4 under the spotlight the others we whisted in. I only hit 80 of the rabbits though as the distances under the light got a bit long for the amount of wind.

My brother bought his 223 in a Weatherby Stainless Timber. It shoot as well as the Tikka but I dont like the weight of it.

I love my Tikka T3 Lite.....

Dave
Over_Kill

Post by Over_Kill »

I have a tikka T3 lite in .243 and i gotta say i haven't found a problem with it yet. The trigger is awesome and accuracy is fine too for straight out of the box.

I have been shooting MOA with factory loads and cant wait to get some cash so i can buy some reloading dies and test out some handloads.

My girlfriend had a Vanguard Weatherby and had to trade it in because its just too heavy to lug around, also the trigger had a lot of creep that we could not adjust out of it which was not very impressive at all.
trishbob40
.22 WMR

tikka

Post by trishbob40 »

see told you all ...can't goooo past a tikka
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D
trishbob40
Bullcat

Post by Bullcat »

I picked up my Tikka T3 Lite in .223 from Scotts in Ballarat a couple of weeks ago...
I got fed up with my Remington SPS, because if you didnt load your bullets up properly, they would jam. So I decided to get a rifle with a mag. As soon as I handled the Tikka it felt "just right".
I got a secondhand VXI 4-12 scope put on it and the total rig cost me $1200. I also got it bore sighted. by Mark (R.I.P) and the first time I shot it, it was only 2 inches out from the bullseye on the target from 100m.
Got it field sighted in, and it lost its virginity last night after taking out a fox within approx 150m.
I am so pleased with it, and although its still early days, I cant see any problems with it now or in the future...
Col. Pogy

Post by Col. Pogy »

I got one of the blued model T-3 Varmint rifles last summer, pretty much like the lite, in .223. Its's a very nice shooting rifle. I put a Sightron 3 X 9 mildot scope on it and like the combination. As soon as our farmers plant crops, I'm taking it to the deer shooting stands for crop destroying varmints.